Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Co-op America
[W]e've gone around the world with eight major players in America's retail landscape, looking at recent high-profile sweatshop abuses in their factories, and we've summarized their involvement in the accompanying chart. [refers to Federated Department...
Auteur: Sudwind Institute & UCM Jakarta (Urban Community Mission)
[Research focusing] on advanced monitoring of the working and living conditions of Indonesian female workers in Export Processing Zones (EPZ) and sweatshop factories. [refers to PT. Detta Marina Cimanggis, PT. Dwi Sukses, PT. Panarup, PT. Goldindo...
Auteur: International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU)
[refers to Tainan Enterprises, Sara Lee, Grupo M, Fujitsu, Jaqalanka, Workwear Lanka, Sanmina-SCI, Flextronics, Jabil, Solectron, Sears, JC Penney, IBM, HP, Dell, Texas Instruments, NEC]
Auteur: Richard A. Liroff, World Wildlife Fund
[Case studies on Samsung, Fujitsu, Sony, SC Johnson, Nike, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Gerber Products (part of Novartis), Chiquita. Also refers to Apple, Avon, Baxter, Compaq (part of Hewlett-Packard [HP]), Hewlett-Packard (HP), IBM, Abbott...
- Egalement dans: New benchmarks for addressing product toxicity, even in areas of scientific uncertainty
- Entreprises concernées: 3M Abbott Laboratories Apple Avon B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Baxter International Body Shop (part of Natura) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Bristol-Myers Squibb Cardinal Chevron Chiquita Compaq (part of HP) Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Fujitsu General Electric Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Great Lakes Chemical HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA J.C. Penney Kimberly-Clark Kingfisher Marks & Spencer Nike Novartis Samsung SC Johnson Sony Supervalu Tyco Weyerhaeuser
Auteur: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
The benchmark, released by the Rose Foundation today, addresses the scientific uncertainty of product toxicity through risk assessment and opportunity identification instead of inaction. [refers to General Electric, Avon, Baxter, Cardinal, JC Penney,...
Auteur: Jim Lobe, Inter Press Service
Marking the second anniversary of their "No Dirty Gold" campaign, EARTHWORKS and Oxfam America are reminding consumers that the production of a single 18-carat gold ring weighing less than one ounce generates on average at least 20 tonnes of mine waste...
- Entreprises concernées: Aber Diamond Barrick Gold Berkshire Hathaway Cameco Cartier (part of Richemont) Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Kroger Liberty Media Newmont Goldcorp Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Sears Signet Jewelers Sterling (part of Signet) Tiffany Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Relations between management and the union reached a new low at the Nobland Guatemala plant when local manager Yong Ha Kim struck union leader Rosa Lopez, according to charges filed...the union has determined that not enough pressure has been applied...
- Egalement dans: Central America: Labour leaders say alleged threats & violence at maquilas show need for stronger worker rights protections than CAFTA includes - refers to Nobland (supplier to Target, JC Penney)
- Entreprises concernées: Donna Karan Gap J.C. Penney Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Nobland Target