Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
Through implementation of the Voluntary Principles, and participation in the Voluntary Principles Initiative, companies are better able to align their corporate policies and procedures with internationally recognized human rights principles in the...
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newcrest Norsk Hydro Occidental Petroleum Pacific Exploration & Production (Now Frontera Energy) Premier Oil Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Total Tullow Oil
Auteur: Aliou Diouf, Joseph Kibugu, Nokukhanya Mncwabe, Julia Mello Neiva, Gregory Regaignon - Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The oil & gas industry has a vital role to play in Africa’s development. But too often exploration and extraction are linked to human rights abuses against local residents, oil & gas revenues prop up repressive governments, and the promise of...
- Egalement dans: Briefing note: "Africa Oil Week 2013: Oil & gas industry must improve its respect for human rights" Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: Addax Petroleum (part of Sinopec) AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Control Risks Eni Erinys International ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Marathon Oil Petronas Shell Sinopec Sudapet Talisman Tullow Oil
Auteur: Nick Meynen, EJOLT
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Chevron to respond. Response provided below.] Peasants from local communities are occupying a piece of land to prevent the installation of Chevron for the exploration and exploitation of shale gas...
- Egalement dans: Poland: Local residents & farmers protest against Chevron's shale gas exploration over concerns about contamination of water & land
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron Marathon Oil Talisman
Auteur: Heba Saleh, Financial Times
Violent incidents...have become a recurrent feature for the hydrocarbons industry in Libya since the 2011 fall of Muammer Gaddafi, the former president...Part of the problem is that some of the local militias who guarded oil installations during the...
Auteur: Andina (Perú)
Las compañías y mineras están incrementando sus compromisos con los derechos humanos…en particular con los de los pueblos indígenas, revela el estudio de…Oxfam América sobre el Índice sobre Consentimiento de la Comunidad en el sector extractivo. Según...
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BP Canadian Natural Resources Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Hess Corporation Imperial Oil Inmet Mining Marathon Oil Perenco Pluspetrol Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Talisman Total Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Auteur: Associated Press
More than 470 people are suing BP for $1 billion, saying they became sick due to a 15-day gas leak at its refinery in Texas City. The Galveston County Daily News reports that BP says mercaptan leaked from a storage tank in November 2011. Mercaptan is a...