Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Andina (Perú)
Las compañías y mineras están incrementando sus compromisos con los derechos humanos…en particular con los de los pueblos indígenas, revela el estudio de…Oxfam América sobre el Índice sobre Consentimiento de la Comunidad en el sector extractivo. Según...
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Canadian Natural Resources Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Hess Corporation Imperial Oil Inmet Mining Marathon Oil Perenco Pluspetrol Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Total Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Auteur: Associated Press
More than 470 people are suing BP for $1 billion, saying they became sick due to a 15-day gas leak at its refinery in Texas City. The Galveston County Daily News reports that BP says mercaptan leaked from a storage tank in November 2011. Mercaptan is a...
Auteur: Oliver Balch, Ethical Corporation
[A]re the...[Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights] delivering? Are mining sites free, or freer, of human rights abuses than they were before? The mining signatories all insist that the past dozen years have brought huge progress...The...
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group (part of Shell) BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan GardaWorld Hess Corporation Inmet Mining Marathon Oil Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Total
Auteur: Greg Hills, Patty Russell, Veronica Borgonovi, Alex Doty and Lakshmi Iyer, FSG
The challenges facing poor or vulnerable populations require innovative, sustainable, and large-scale solutions...Large companies are uniquely positioned to leverage their size and business models to address social problems sustainably and at scale....
- Egalement dans: Report examines how to achieve business success through addressing societal needs; includes examples of good practices
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American BP Cargill Celulosa Arauco y Constitución (CELCO) Cemex De Beers (part of Anglo American) Eli Lilly Equinor (formerly Statoil) Equity Bank GlaxoSmithKline Guangsha Group Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Holcim Apasco (part of LafargeHolcim) ICICI Larsen & Toubro Marathon Oil Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Standard Chartered Tata Group Yara
Auteur: Benjamin Haas, Jim Polson, Phil Kuntz & Ben Elgin, Bloomberg
Energy companies failed to list more than two out of every five fracked wells in eight U.S. states from April 11, 2011, when FracFocus began operating, through the end of last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The gaps reveal shortcomings...
Auteur: Maria Otero, US Under Secretary for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights
Our strategy for promoting respect for human rights through our foreign policy must reflect the world as it is, not as it used to be. Private companies are some of the world’s largest economic actors. Clearly, building bridges between government and...
- Egalement dans: US State Dept. hosts workshop on UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (30 Apr)
- Domaines à la loupe: Events in 2012 UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights - Events
- Entreprises concernées: Barrick Gold BP Marathon Oil Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Rio Tinto Shell
Auteur: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In February 2012 several NGOs [including Oxfam, Revenue Watch, EG Justice] raised concerns about oil industry lobbying against Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Act in the USA. Section 1504 requires extractive companies to disclose their tax, royalty and...
- Egalement dans: NGO concerns over oil industry lobbying against Section 1504 of US Dodd-Frank Act on disclosure of payments to governments.
- Il s'agit d'une réponse des entreprises suivantes: Marathon Oil