Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Nevsun Resources
"Human Rights Impact Assessment of the Bisha Mine in Eritrea" The following is a summary of the Human Rights Impact Assessment of the Bisha Mine in Eritrea...
- Entreprises concernées: Nevsun
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In a new briefing paper...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...identifies three key trends in companies’ human rights impacts in the region...Executive Director...Phil Bloomer said: “The threat of the infamous ‘Resource Curse’ hangs heavy over...
- Egalement dans: "Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity - New briefing paper on business and human rights in Eastern Africa" (announcement) African Barrick Gold lawsuit (re Tanzania) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) Thomson Safaris lawsuit (re Maasai in Tanzania) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Bidco Oil Refineries British American Tobacco China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Eland Coal Mining Gamma Group Japan Tobacco International Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Pipeline Company MTN Neumann Gruppe Nevsun Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Philip Morris International SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safaricom Strategic Friends International Tanzania Breweries (part of SABMiller) Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Total Tullow Oil Unilever Wilmar International Wineland-Thomson Adventures ZTE
Auteur: Liam Barrington-Bush & Jen Wilton, TheTyee.ca (Canada)
From Papua New Guinea to Guatemala, mining ventures directly or indirectly financed and owned by companies registered in Canada have been associated with controversy in the communities in which they operate. Business-friendly laws have made Canada the...
- Egalement dans: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala)
- Entreprises concernées: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Blackfire Exploration China Minmetals Excellon Resources Gran Colombia Gold Hudbay Minerals Nevsun Pacific Rim Mining Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver)
Auteur: Jenny Vaughan, AFP
...Bisha mine [60 % owned by Nevsun Resources]...is Eritrea's first major international investment, and one that promises enormous profit...Despite criticism by rights groups -- who say large scale mining props up a hardline regime accused of a raft of...
- Entreprises concernées: Nevsun
Auteur: Christopher Albin-Lackey, Human Rights Watch
[C]ompany human rights practices are shaped by self-created policies, voluntary initiatives, and unenforceable "commitments"...[T]he...Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights...underscore the failures of the current approach to business and...
- Egalement dans: Human Rights Watch criticises lack of compliance & implementation mechanisms of UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
- Domaines à la loupe: 2013 Latest Legal News UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Entreprises concernées: Barrick Gold ExxonMobil Nevsun Walmart
Auteur: Michelle Zilio, iPOLITICS [Canada]
A Canadian mining company [has] defended its activities in Eritrea — a nation dubbed the “North Korea of Africa” by some — at a Commons Subcommittee on International Human Rights meeting...Cliff Davis, president and CEO of Vancouver-based Nevsun...
Auteur: Geoffrey York, CTV News [Canada]
[T]he…rebellions in Egypt and Tunisia… – and, a few days after the convention, in Libya – have shown the risks of relying on autocracy. Two of Canada’s biggest companies, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. and Suncor Energy Inc., suddenly found their reputations...
Auteur: Mike Anane, Environment News Service
Dozens of bulldozers and excavators belonging to five multinational mining companies operating in Ghana [Chirano Goldmines (95% owned by Red Back Mining), Satellite Goldfields, Nevsun/AGC, Birim/AGC, Newmont Ghana (part of Newmont)] are poised to tear...
- Entreprises concernées: Birim Goldfields (aquired by Goldcrest Resources Ltd) Gold Fields Nevsun Newmont Goldcorp