Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Holly Hubbard Preston, International Herald Tribune
A study [conducted with Bloomberg by the Genocide Intervention Network and its Sudan Divestment Task Force project] provides statistical evidence of what many advocates of socially responsible investing have long asserted: Companies with links to...
- Egalement dans: Study finds companies targeted for divestment from Sudan underperformed their competitors
- Domaines à la loupe: Construction & engineering
- Entreprises concernées: Alstom Indian Oil Corporation Lundin Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petrofac Petronas Sinopec Total
Auteur: Michael Peel, Hugh Williamson, Financial Times
Most leading oil multinationals fall well short of best practice on revealing financial data and combating corruption, a survey unveiled today by Transparency International…claims. The research says western companies such as ExxonMobil, ChevronTexaco...
Auteur: Transparency International
The [report] evaluates 42 leading international and national oil and gas companies operating in 21 countries, based on the transparency of their reporting, particularly on payments made to governments for resource extraction rights. [companies surveyed...
Auteur: Fatal Transactions and European Coalition on Oil in Sudan
The purpose of this dossier is to provide an overview of Sudan’s oil industry and serve as a background document to all those wishing to learn more about the country’s contentious oil issues. The many tables with data in the first two chapters help the...
- Entreprises concernées: ABB Ascom Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Coca-Cola Eni Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Lundin Petroleum Nilepet OMV ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Pertamina Petronas PetroSA Rolls-Royce plc Shell Siemens Sinopec Sudapet Talisman (part of Repsol) Total
Auteur: Amnesty International USA
Beginning today and continuing through May 20th, shareholders of four major financial firms -- Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo -- are being asked to vote on proposals that will push the firms to use their investment...
- Egalement dans: Investor coalition pushes Citi, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo to urge oil companies they invest in to take action on Darfur
- Entreprises concernées: American Funds (part of Capital Group) Capital Group China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup JPMorgan Chase Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Sinopec T. Rowe Price Vanguard Wells Fargo
Auteur: Jennifer Levitz, Wall Street Journal
...[M]any fund shareholders this proxy season will have a chance to weigh in on...whether to push funds to bar investment in companies doing business in Sudan, whose government is widely accused of abetting genocide. Pension funds, religious groups,...
- Entreprises concernées: American Funds (part of Capital Group) Berkshire Hathaway Capital Group China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Fidelity Investments Franklin Templeton JPMorgan Chase Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Sinopec T. Rowe Price
La volonté de contrôler les ressources pétrolières joue un rôle sous-jacent dans le conflit au Tchad, où la production nationale d'or noir...représente une véritable manne pour ce pays parmi les plus pauvres d'Afrique... Nicolas Sarkis, de la revue...
- Egalement dans: Chad: Failure of pipeline backed by Exxon & Chevron to reduce poverty may feed support for rebels, says commentary
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron ExxonMobil Petronas
Auteur: CIDSE [International Cooperation for Development & Solidarity] private sector group. Members: CAFOD, CCFD, CORDAID, Development And Peace, FASTENOPFER, MISEREOR, SCIAF, TRÓCAIRE, VOLONTARI NEL MONDO - FOCSIV
The document, divided into three parts, uses case studies to highlight the following; Section 1 – Actions by companies...; Section 2 – Actions by states at the national level...; Section 3 – Actions by states at the international level...[refers to...
- Entreprises concernées: Cargill Chevron Entre Mares (part of Goldcorp) ExxonMobil Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Hitachi Jabil Circuit Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Petronas Sanmina-SCI TVI (Toronto Ventures Incorporated) Pacific