Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Netwerk Vlaanderen
Netwerk Vlaanderen demande aux banques internationales de ne pas investir dans le secteur du pétrole, du gaz et des produits miniers en Birmanie tant que la dictature militaire poursuit son régime brutal...De graves violations des droits humains ont...
Auteur: Human Rights Watch
Chinese, Indian, Thai, and other companies doing business in Burma should ensure their operations do not contribute to or benefit from human rights abuses, Human Rights Watch said today... “Companies doing business in Burma argue their presence is...
- Domaines à la loupe: Chinese investment overseas Southeast Asia
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nippon Oil ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Sinopec Total
Despite global outrage over Myanmar's bloody crackdown on dissent, multinational firms are still vying for the country's rich natural resources, throwing an economic lifeline to the military regime. [refers to Chevron, Total, China National Petroleum...
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo International (part of Posco) GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Nippon Oil ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) RITES Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd. (TCIL) Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Zydus Cadila
Auteur: Canadian Press
Even as Myanmar's military junta intensifies its crackdown on pro-democracy protests, oil companies are jostling for access to the country's largely untapped natural gas and oil fields that activists say are funding a repressive regime... China -...
- Egalement dans: Burma: NGOs say oil companies' involvement supports repression by govt., urge withdrawal - statements by Chevron, Total
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Sinopec Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Auteur: John Berthelsen, Asia Sentinel
…[U]nder the radar, half the countries in Asia are helping to prop up the [Burmese] dictatorship, either through government help or through the sub rosa support of their business communities — including Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, Thailand and...
Auteur: Katie Nguyen, Reuters Africa
Ethiopian soldiers are accused of burning homes, seizing livestock and killing civilians in its toughest crackdown yet on rebels in a remote, forgotten part of the...country. Rights groups say abuses escalated in Ogaden when the government launched a...
Auteur: UN Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD)
The World Investment Report 2007 focuses on the role of transnational corporations in extractive industries... Transnational corporations can bring in the finance and management skills [poor] economies need... But as we know, the extraction of natural...
- Egalement dans: UNCTAD 2007 World Investment Report focuses on extractive firms' impacts on development
- Domaines à la loupe: Chinese investment overseas Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region
- Entreprises concernées: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BCL BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Codelco Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) ConocoPhillips De Beers (part of Anglo American) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gazprom Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) INPEX Kelian Equatorial Mining (part of Rio Tinto) Lukoil Newmont Goldcorp Norilsk Nickel Norsk Hydro ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Sinopec Sonatrach Tatneft Teck Resources Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Connecticut’s pension fund will sell its holdings in…[China Petroleum and Chemical Corp. (Sinopec), which do] business in…Sudan…State Treasurer Denise Nappier said…"The bottom line has been, and continues to be, to get the best possible investment...
Auteur: Sharda Naidoo, Business Times [So. Africa]
The government is clamping down on the country’s biggest industrial polluters in a fresh bid to cut hazardous gas emissions. This week state environmental management inspectors...started a countrywide crackdown on refineries and the iron, steel and...
- Entreprises concernées: ACSA (Airports Company South Africa) Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Assmang BP Chevron Engen (part of Petronas) Eskom Foskor Highveld Steel & Vanadium (part of Anglo American) Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Petronas PetroSA Samancor SAPREF (joint venture Shell & BP) Sasol Shell Xstrata (part of Glencore)