Tate & Lyle
Tate & Lyle website: http://www.tateandlyle.co.uk
Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against Tate & Lyle and T&L Sugars Limited (a subsidiary of American Sugar Refining) in the UK. The plaintiffs maintain that they remain the legal owners of the land on which...
- Egalement dans: Bonsucro sugar trade association to reconsider Tate & Lyle’s membership after complaint from Cambodian farmers of alleged forced displacement & inadequate compensation Thai firm Koh Kong Sugar meets with Cambodian families who allege company illegally took their land
- Entreprises concernées: American Sugar Refining Khon Kaen Sugar Ko Kong Sugar Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Auteur: Zsombor Peter, Cambodia Daily
A London-based sugar trade association aiming to promote a more ethical and sustainable industry will meet early next month to consider a request from Cambodian farmers that it eject U.K.-based sugar firm Tate & Lyle from the group unless it gives...
- Egalement dans: Bonsucro sugar trade association to reconsider Tate & Lyle’s membership after complaint from Cambodian farmers of alleged forced displacement & inadequate compensation Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia)
- Entreprises concernées: American Sugar Refining BP Coca-Cola Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Auteur: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 9th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Egalement dans: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) adidas lawsuit (re University of Wisconsin) Agua Mineral Chusmiza lawsuit (re Chile) Areva lawsuit (re discrimination in Niger) BP lawsuit (re Colombia) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 9, June 2013 Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell/BASF lawsuit (re Brazil) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) PlusMoins
- Domaines à la loupe: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association
- Entreprises concernées: adidas Alstom American Sugar Refining BASF BP CACI Chevron Chiquita Drummond DynCorp ExxonMobil Hudbay Minerals Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Orano (formerly Areva) Rio Tinto Shell Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Texaco (part of Chevron) Vedanta Resources Veolia (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Zijin
Auteur: Zsombor Peter, Aun Pheap, Cambodia Daily
Local rights groups have filed a complaint in Bangkok against a second Thai sugar firm with ties to business tycoon Ly Yong Phat accused of stealing homes and land from hundreds of poor farmers. Licadho and Equitable Cambodia filed the complaint with...
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In August 2006, the Cambodian Government granted economic concessions in Koh Kong Province to two Cambodian sugar companies (Koh Kong Plantation and Koh Kong Sugar Industry), both jointly owned by the Thai company Khon Kaen Sugar Industry, Taiwanese Ve...
Auteur: Joel Brinkley, Politico
[T]he land [lawyer Mark Moorstein] focused on…is used to grow sugar cane, primarily. A wealthy and powerful Cambodian senator took possession of it after evicting residents…Many of the evictees held identification cards [from] the United Nations…Under...
Auteur: Rob Davies, This is Money [UK]
Tate & Lyle is facing a multi-million pound High Court lawsuit from Cambodian farmers, who claim the sugar giant knowingly profited from illegally seized land. Lawyers acting for 200 villagers have accused Tate & Lyle of buying sugar from the...
- Egalement dans: Cambodian farmers file UK lawsuit alleging Tate & Lyle bought sugar grown on illegally seized land Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia)
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest Legal News
- Entreprises concernées: American Sugar Refining Tate & Lyle
Auteur: Alex Hawkes, Mail on Sunday [UK]
Britain is to drop its opposition to plans that will force all European companies to say what tax they pay wherever they operate. After agreement in Brussels...that Europe’s banks must reveal the taxes paid in each country, the Treasury is understood...
Auteur: Julia Kollewe, Guardian [UK]
Banking's "macho culture" is the biggest barrier to women reaching the top, according to a report published arguing that quotas for women executives are not the solution for Britain's unbalanced boardrooms.The Institute of Leadership and Management...