Tate & Lyle
Tate & Lyle website: http://www.tateandlyle.co.uk
Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Ecologist [UK]
Each day, millions of us take a small bag, drop it into a cup, pour in boiling water, and add a dash of milk plus a spoonful of sugar...But how many of us have actually wondered what goes into our favourite drink, or where the principal ingredients...
Auteur: Fundacion Mision de la Misericordia
...Fr. Hartley has written to company executives at major European sugar refiners, Tate & Lyle, St. Louis Sucre and Tereos, urging them to examine their stance on human rights in light of recent purchases of Dominican sugar under the new Economic...
Auteur: Jenny Wiggins, Financial Times
Cadbury is to become the first mass-market chocolate brand to adopt the Fairtrade certification mark... The confectionery group will certify 300m of its Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bars as well as its packaged cocoa, at a cost of £1.5m ($2.1m), by the...
Auteur: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Egalement dans: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Entreprises concernées: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of Natura) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Auteur: Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment [UK]
In 2007, we initiated a project to assess how companies are managing their greenhouse gas emissions...In total, we assessed 125 companies, covering the FTSE100...and large cap European stocks…47 of the 125 companies have stabilised or reduced their...
- Entreprises concernées: 3i Alliance & Leicester Allianz Anglo American Antofagasta Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva AXA BAE Systems Barclays BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP British Airways British American Tobacco British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carnival Centrica Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daily Mail and General Trust Daimler Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Drax E.ON EDF Enel Eni Enterprise Inns France Telecom (now Orange) Friends Provident GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HBOS (part of Lloyds) Home Retail Group HSBC ICAP ICI Imperial Tobacco ING InterContinental Hotels International Power Invesco ITV Johnson Matthey Kazakhmys Kelda Kingfisher L'Oreal Land Securities Legal & General Investment Management Lloyds Lonmin Man Group Marks & Spencer Mitchells & Butlers Morrisons National Grid Nestlé Next Nokia Northern Rock Novartis Old Mutual Pearson Persimmon Prudential plc Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Rexam Rio Tinto Roche Rolls-Royce plc Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sage Sainsbury's Sanofi Santander Schroders Scottish and Southern Energy Severn Trent Shell Shire Siemens Smith & Nephew Smiths Group Société Générale Standard Chartered Standard Life Tate & Lyle Telefónica Tesco Total UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever United Utilities Vedanta Resources Vodafone Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group
Auteur: Martin Hickman & Karen Attwood, Independent [UK]
The movement to help poor farmers abroad...is now starting to have a "significant" impact on commerce, according to the Fairtrade Foundation... Sainsbury's and Waitrose's decision to stock only Fairtrade bananas were notable successes, and the fruit...
Tate & Lyle sugar sold in shops is to be Fairtrade accredited, making it the biggest UK firm to carry the label [also refers to Brazil Sugar Cane Farmers Association, Tesco, Sainsbury, Marks & Spencer].
- Entreprises concernées: Tate & Lyle
Auteur: Jeremy Lovell, Reuters
Several major British food manufacturers joined forces on Monday with a pledge to help the environment by saving water, and with it money. The pledge by 21 firms including Cadbury Schweppes, Tate & Lyle and Nestle UK is part of a wider initiative...
[scroll to "Human Rights"]
- Entreprises concernées: Tate & Lyle
Auteur: Alison Ewings and Jane Fiona Cumming, Article 13 [UK]
Clearly there is a long way to go in using ICT [information communication technologies] to engage socially excluded groups. However, encouragingly there is a relatively strong appetite amongst companies to engage with socially excluded groups. Whilst...