Target website: http://www.target.com
Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Mila Rosenthal, Director, Business and Human Rights Program, Amnesty International USA
Thanks to European regulation, U.S. companies have reduced their use of hazardous substances and designed more environmentally friendly products for global markets. By comparison, voluntary initiatives such as monitoring codes of conduct for overseas...
- Egalement dans: "Cops of the global village" - how local laws are helping improve multinationals' environmental & social conduct worldwide (Fortune Magazine)
- Entreprises concernées: Target Walmart
Auteur: Conrad MacKerron, Director of the Corporate Social Responsibility Program at the As You Sow Foundation, in San Francisco Chronicle
Nearly a decade after concerns about the conditions in sweatshops surfaced, few companies have revealed any quantitative data about how workers in their global supply chain are treated...Gap's new report provides more hard data about its supply-chain...
- Egalement dans: Conrad MacKerron says Gap's frank reporting about its supply chain should be the rule not the exception - "Where is the rest of the apparel industry, as well as the toy and electronics industries?"
- Entreprises concernées: Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Gap J.C. Penney Macy's Nike Sears Target Walmart
Auteur: Aaron Bernstein, BusinessWeek
...only about 100 U.S. and European multinationals participate in...efforts to find and remedy [workplace] abuses...Perhaps the most troublesome absence has been that of the large retailers such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Target Corp...Nike, Patagonia,...
Auteur: China Daily
For multinational companies that take social and environmental responsibilities seriously, unprecedented opportunities abound for them to turn the corporate social responsibility (CSR) fad into a real opportunity for social change...While there is...
Auteur: Frank Jack Daniel, Reuters
...workers at a Guatemalan factory [owned by Nobland] say they have been punched, threatened and followed by cars with darkened windows since forming a union in 2003...Labour activists say Central America still has not done enough to meet conditions...
Relations between management and the union reached a new low at the Nobland Guatemala plant when local manager Yong Ha Kim struck union leader Rosa Lopez, according to charges filed...the union has determined that not enough pressure has been applied...
- Egalement dans: Central America: Labour leaders say alleged threats & violence at maquilas show need for stronger worker rights protections than CAFTA includes - refers to Nobland (supplier to Target, JC Penney)
- Entreprises concernées: Donna Karan Gap J.C. Penney Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Nobland Target
Auteur: Domini Social Investments
We engage the companies held in our portfolio by writing letters, filing shareholder resolutions, and meeting directly with corporate management to discuss issues of concern...Below are updates on ongoing conversations that took place during the past...