Westinghouse website: http://www.westinghouse.com
Toutes les histoires
Un rapport met en évidence le véritable bilan annuel d'Areva avec d'importants impacts sociaux et environnementaux; l'entreprise répond
Auteur: Suhasini Haider, Hindu
Prime Minister Modi and President Obama announced a “breakthrough understanding” that would allow the commercialization of the Indo-US civilian nuclear deal launched in 2005...The breakthrough also signaled a significant diplomatic victory for India’s...
- Egalement dans: India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
- Entreprises concernées: General Electric Hitachi Westinghouse
Auteur: Rahi Gaikwad
Heads of four villages in Gujarat’s Bhavnagar district have written an open letter to United States President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Narendra Modi calling for a public discussion and debate on the proposed 6,000-MW Mithivirdi Nuclear...
…Russia's moves in Ukraine…sparked splits among Czech officials on Moscow's bid for a multi-billion-dollar contract to expand a Czech nuclear plant. Speaking after Russian troops poured into Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula of Crimea in violation of...
Auteur: Afrique Avenir
Certains pays africains ont déjà su tirer profit de cette nouvelle demande [pour leur minerais]... Reste que l’essentiel de la transformation des minerais africains continue de se faire dans d’autres régions. L’Afrique du Sud constitue la seule...
Auteur: EarthRights International
This report seeks to summarize the history, jurisprudence and politics of ATCA in order to explain how this relatively obscure law became a lightning rod in the world of business and human rights...[refers to Unocal, Chevron (part of ChevronTexaco),...
- Egalement dans: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) full report: "In Our Court: ATCA, Sosa and the Triumph of Human Rights" Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) PlusMoins
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Entreprises concernées: Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas CACI Chentex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Drummond DynCorp Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford Freeport-McMoRan Fresh Del Monte Produce General Motors Grupo México Halliburton IBM Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total UBS Union Carbide (part of Dow) United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Westinghouse
Auteur: Daniel T. Griswold, Associate Director of Center for Trade Policy Studies at the Cato Institute
...in the last two decades, critics of global capitalism have turned the law [Alien Tort Claims Act] against U.S. corporations doing business in countries whose governments have been accused of human rights and environmental abuses. [refers to lawsuits...
Auteur: Marie Woolf, Independent [UK]
Leaders of six unions representing staff at British Nuclear Fuels' UK plants condemned the "shameful treatment" of workers at a site in America [Westinghouse Savannah River Company in South Carolina] in which the company has a big financial stake.