Principes volontaires sur la sécurité et les droits de l'homme
Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
“Respondiendo a los Desafíos de Seguridad y Derechos Humanos en Entornos Complejos – Guía Práctica, Segunda Edición”...
- Domaines à la loupe: Guidance & Tools
Auteur: Ambassador Keith Harper (USA)
"Ambassador Harper: Implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights", 21 Mar 2016...
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on UNGPs
Auteur: Annie Kelly, Guardian
When Harpreet Kaur, senior south Asia researcher at the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, arrived in Sri Lanka...the country was just emerging from decades of brutal civil conflict....“In a country like Sri Lanka, trying to recover from a...
- Domaines à la loupe: Business’ human rights responsibilities in conflict zones: Standards, tools and perspectives Conflict zones
- Entreprises concernées: BP
Auteur: Rights and Accountability in Development (RAID)
This report offers an in-depth critique of company complaints mechanisms as practised by two extractive industry companies Acacia Mining (formerly African Barrick Gold, ABG) operating in Tanzania and Glencore’s subsidiary, the Kamoto Copper Corporation...
Auteur: Rights and Accountability in Development (RAID) & MiningWatch Canada
NGOs are calling on the Canadian government to seize the opportunity to correct practices that undermine the prospects of impoverished communities overseas to seek remedy for corporate abuse...Both MiningWatch Canada and the British NGO Rights and...
- Egalement dans: NGO highlights flaws in company complaints mechanisms claiming to follow intl. business & human rights frameworks
- Entreprises concernées: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold) Barrick Gold
Auteur: Alan Bryden and Lucía Hernández, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 1, Issue 1
Among the challenges faced by businesses operating in complex environments, security issues can be particularly difficult to address…The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces ...
- Egalement dans: Business & Human Rights Journal
Auteur: Katie Redford, EarthRights International
Fundamentally, most corporate managers still believe that human rights compliance is – and should be – strictly voluntary: something to take into account after they’ve made their quarterly earnings projections and have time and money left over for...
- Egalement dans: Blog series on measuring implementation of UN Guiding Principles on business & human rights
- Entreprises concernées: Chevron Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)
Auteur: Raymond Saner, Centre on Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding
PMSCs have played an important role in war making and related security activities, and will most likely play an even larger role in the coming years. This Working Paper discusses the tensions between the PMSC industry, their client governments and...