Principes volontaires sur la sécurité et les droits de l'homme
Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Joint press release: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Occidental Petroleum Corporation...and the California Province of the Society of Jesus, an Occidental stockholder, announced today the withdrawal of a proposal that was to have been presented at Occidental's 2004 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. That...
- Entreprises concernées: Occidental Petroleum
Auteur: Peter Woicke, IFC Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Private Sector Operations, World Bank Group
We [the IFC] have already, through our Sustainability Framework, started the process of helping ourselves and our clients articulate where they are helping to progressively realize human rights. We have an opportunity now to develop a serious, tangible...
Auteur: Donna Nebenzahl, Montreal Gazette
...thanks to a change two years ago in the Canadian Business Corporations Act, shareholders may now file resolutions with social or environmental impact [refers to Enbridge, Procter & Gamble, Open Text, Astra, Petro-Canada, Bank of Montreal, Nexum,...
Auteur: Jason Switzer, International Institute for Sustainable Development, and Halina Ward, International Institute for Environment and Development
This report has two aims. First, to review the provisions of voluntary codes, guidelines and initiatives that address the relationship between business activities and violent civil conflict. Second, to make suggestions on a framework for public policy...
- Egalement dans: BP panel warns of risk to human rights in Indonesia Indonesia engages gunmen after three are killed in Papua Indonesia's military may pull out troops guarding mining and energy sites (refers to Freeport-McMoRan) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan
Auteur: Penelope Simons, School of Social Sciences and Law, Oxford Brookes University, UK, in Relations industrielles: Équité, efficience, éthique ? La régulation sociale de l'entreprise mondialisée
This article reviews and assesses the language, human rights content and compliance mechanisms of the voluntary policies and/or codes developed by a number of corporations, industry groups, intergovernmental organizations and multistakeholder...
- Egalement dans: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: BP EY (Ernst & Young) First Quantum Minerals Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) KPMG Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron)
Auteur: Tobias Webb, Ethical Corporation
Three leading executives discussed their views on how to engage developing country governments on human rights...[refers to Premier Oil, Statoil, Shell, BP, Rio Tinto, Reebok]