Explore categories within this category
- Discrimination/diversity: General
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Gender discrimination
- HIV/AIDS discrimination
- Marital status discrimination
- Political opinion discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
Commentary: A bill of data rights is needed to protect freedom of expression & privacy in the digital age
Author: Martin Tisne, MIT Technology Review
"It's time for a bill of data rights," 14 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Apple Facebook Microsoft
Author: Cleber César Buzatto, Conselho Indigenista Missionário (CIMI)/Le Monde Diplomatique (Brazil)
“O governo Bolsonaro organiza sua base para tentar tornar ‘letra morta’ os direitos indígenas. Em paralelo, facilita o acesso e posse de armas de fogo aos fazendeiros “, 22 de janeiro de 2019 ...[M]antendo...tom agressivo contra os povos e os direitos...
Author: Sul 21 (Brazil)
“Panvel pede desculpas por fala de executivo sobre Jean Wyllys”, 25 de janeiro de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Author: Stephen A. Schwarzman, The Washington Post
AI’s greatest advocates describe the Utopian promise of a technology that will save lives, improve health and predict events we previously couldn’t anticipate. AI’s detractors warn of a dystopian nightmare in which AI rapidly replaces human beings at...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Commentary: Meaningful human rights of the internet need to recognize power imbalances & whose knowledge is represented online
Author: Kira Allmann & Anasuya Sengupta, OpenGlobalRights
"Beyond internet access: seeking knowledge justice online," 22 Jan 2019...
Author: Chris Opfer & Paige Smith, Bloomberg Law
"Oracle Owes $400M to Women, Black, Asian Workers, DOL Says (1)", 22 January 2019...
BlackRock CEO promotes corporate "purpose" & calls on company leaders to more actively address societal issues
Author: Alexandra Topping, Kate Lyons & Matthew Weaver, The Guardian
"Gillette #MeToo razors ad on 'toxic masculinity' gets praise - and abuse," 15 Jan 2019...
Author: Paul Hodgson, Responsible-Investor.com
January 15th, 2019...