Health: General (including workplace health & safety)
International standards & introductory material on health (including workplace health & safety): click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Simon Glover, EcoTextile News
"Nirapon loses appeal against High Court ban", 3 December 2019...
China: Government launches new program to protect workers employed in industries with high risk of occupational disease
Author: China Labour Bulletin (Hong Kong)
“Government vows to protect workers as protests over pneumoconiosis grow”, 10 December 2019...
UK: Workers allege Oh Polly has done little to address 'freezing' working conditions, two weeks after vowing to resolve issue
Author: George Morgan, Liverpool Echo
"Warehouse staff complain of 'freezing' conditions in 'absolute nightmare' workplace", 24 November 2019...
- Related companies: Oh Polly
USA: Part-time warehouse workers organise alleging Amazon fails to offer paid time off despite publicly stating otherwise
Author: Shirin Ghaffary, Vox
Amazon warehouse workers say they’re doing “back-breaking” work without paid time off, 10 December 2019...
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Author: Janet Burns, Forbes
As Dairy Workers Fight For Better Conditions, Will Chobani Help Lead The Way? November 2019...
- Related companies: Chobani
Author: Greenpeace España
“Las heridas del carbón” 9 de diciembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Adaro Energy Anglo American Anglo American South Africa BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond EDP (Energias de Portugal) Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energias de Portugal (see EDP) Eskom Glencore Iberdrola Kuzbassrazrezugol Murray Energy Naturgy Prodeco (part of Glencore) Viesgo
So. Africa: Bodies of four miners killed in mine accident recovered as mine union demands an investigation
The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) called on Monday for an investigation following the deaths of four miners at Tau Lekoa gold mine in South Africa's North West Province. The four miners were killed during a rock fall which was caused by an earth...
Author: Shain Germaner, Times Live (South Africa)
‘Rescuers in race against time to free trapped miners at Orkney mine’ 7 December 2019...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Bodies of four miners killed in mine accident recovered as mine union demands an investigation
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace