Freedom of association
Related stories and components
Myanmar: Adidas secures back pay for dismissed union leaders, compensation for blacklisted union president & severance for workers after factory closes
Author: Worker Rights Consortium
"Challenging the Status Quo: Helping Workers Protect their Associational Rights in Myanmar", 15 January 2020...
Cambodia: CENTRAL publishes final analysis of Trade Union Law & its amendments; while brands reiterate their call for labour reform
"Final Analysis of Trade Union Law and Amendments to the Trade Union Law", 24 January 2020...
Cambodia: 23 brands, brand associations and CSOs send a joint letter calling for the PM to address specific labour rights issues
Author: Fair Labor Association & Others
"Joint Letter on Labor Rights to Cambodian Prime Minister", 23 January 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after meeting on labour rights issues
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel Burton Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) KiK Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica New Balance Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Schoeffel Under Armour VF Corp
Cambodia: Unions and workers gather to honour former union leader who was killed in 2004; unions demand justice for the victim
Author: Soth Koemsoeun, The Phnom Penh Post
"Unionists honour Vichea’s legacy", 22 January 2020...
Author: 350; Amnesty International; Business & Human Rights Resource Centre; Civicus; Global Call to Action Against Poverty; Global Witness; Greenpeace; ITUC CSI IGB; Oxfam
‘Activist Leaders Call on World Economic Forum Delegates to Declare Climate Emergency’, January 2020...
- Related stories: Davos 2020: Pressure on companies & govts. to tackle climate crisis
USA: FedEx workers allege poor benefits & pay cuts while company sustains anti-union campaign; FedEx says it's not neutral
Author: Michael Sainto, The Guardian
"FedEx mounts big-money push to head off unionization by US workers", 14 January 2020...
- Related companies: FedEx
Philippines: Union denounces police meeting at Coca-Cola plant & union leader later threatened; Company says allegations without merit
Union members at a Coca-Cola bottling operation in Bacolod City in the Philippines are being exposed to the threat of paramilitary violence, according to the International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco and Allied...
UK: 'Upstart unions' are organising workers against precarious employment in gig economy & outsourcing
Author: Bethan Staton, Financial Times
"The upstart unions taking on the gig economy and outsourcing", 19 January 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
Philippines: Korean-owned Se Jung Apparel continues to delay payment of wages and mandatory benefit for workers
Author: Partido Manggagawa
"DOLE hit for inaction on violations of "Grinch" company in Cavite", 3 January 2020...
- Related stories: Philippines: Labour group alleges labour rights violations of Korean-owned Se Jung Apparel; company did not respond
- Related companies: Se Jung Apparel