International standards & introductory material on labour rights: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: China. Org
‘S. African Parliament calls for urgent gov't intervention to stop massive retrenchments by retailer giant’ 15 January 2020...
- Related companies: Massmart
Bahrain: 300 employees of Bahrain Motors Co. strike to demand delayed salaries; includes company response
In December 2018, around 300 migrant construction workers employed by Bahrain Motors Co. took strike action alleging unpaid wages for a total of four months....
Cambodia: Hotel employees continue to protest to seek intervention from govt. & demand seniority payments & benefits after the hotel is closed
Author: Sopheap Nat, VOD
"Workers Protest for Severance From Closed Five-Star Hotel", 20 January 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: About 140 hotel employees demand compensation after the hotel is shut down
- Related companies: Great Duke Phnom Penh Hotel
USA: FedEx workers allege poor benefits & pay cuts while company sustains anti-union campaign; FedEx says it's not neutral
Author: Michael Sainto, The Guardian
"FedEx mounts big-money push to head off unionization by US workers", 14 January 2020...
- Related companies: FedEx
Bahrain Motors Company W.L.L (BMC) has always honored their commitments towards salary payments... the company went through some financial issues from the end of 2018 with outstanding dues from clients... this directly affected the cash flow of the...
- Related stories: Bahrain: 300 employees of Bahrain Motors Co. strike to demand delayed salaries; includes company response
- This is a response from the following companies: Bahrain Motors Co.
Bahrain: Repatriated Indian worker alleges labour abuse including long hours, harassment and unpaid wages
Author: News of Bahrain
"Social workers help expatriate 'tortured by employer' fly home," 20 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Migrant workers
Bayern criticised over sponsorship ties to Qatar while "turning a blind eye" to migrant worker abuse
Author: Middle East Online
"Bayern Munich fans vent anger at club over Qatar's rights abuses," 17 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Sports
- Related companies: FC Bayern