Related stories and components
China: Worker protests on the rise as businesses struggle with new economic reality created by COVID-19 pandemic
Author: China Labour Bulletin (Hong Kong)
“Worker protests on the rise in June as wage arrears proliferate”, 15 July 2020...
- Related stories: Impacts of COVID-19 on supply chain workers in the electronics sector
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 and workers in food and beverage supply chains
- Related companies: Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film)
Saudi Arabia: Woman Human Rights Defender Loujain Al-Hathloul featured in CIVICUS' #StandAsMyWitness campaign
'Why you should #StandAsMyWitness', July 18, 2020...
- Related stories: CIVICUS launches #StandAsMyWitness campaign to stop persecution of Human Rights Defenders
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak Human rights defenders Women Women human rights defenders
Asia Pacific: Commentary: Modern slavery in Asia Pacific is fuelled by widespread poverty, migration & weak governance
Author: Neena Bhandari, Inter Press Service
"Modern Slavery in Asia Pacific Fuelled by Widespread Poverty, Migration & Weak Governance", 15 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia
China: Law professor takes safari park to court for endangering consumers' safety with collecting facial scan data
Author: Hong Kong Free Press
“China facial-recognition case puts Big Brother on trial”, 12 January 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
USA: Supreme Court will decide whether U.S law should prohibit workplace discrimination on sexual orientation or gender identity
Author: Lawrence Hurley and Will Dunham, Devdiscourse News (USA)
"U.S. Supreme Court to decide if LGBT workers protected under sex discrimination law", 22 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Kenya: Govt. officials order closure of hotel's swimming pool due to health & safety concerns after 2 die while swimming
Author: Peter Mburu, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Nakuru officials want resort closed after graduate drowns"...
KiK Textilien & Non-Food GmbH, referred as ‘KiK’ in this document is committed to respecting Human Rights wherever we operate. This statement references and supplements the KiK Code of Conduct which represents the applicable principle for all our...
- Related companies: KiK
Author: El Tiempo
“Andesco premió a las empresas con mejor responsabilidad social”...
- Related companies: Gas Natural