Related stories and components
"Facebook suspends fake accounts for meddling in 8 African countries," 31 October 2019....
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Middle East & North Africa: Telecommunication cos. Ooredoo & Etisalat backslide in Ranking Digital Rights benchmark
Author: Afef Abrougui, Ranking Digital Rights
"Arab region’s telecommunications companies fail to respect users’ digital rights", 12 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Deutsche Telekom Etisalat Facebook Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Telenor Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: OBS (Suiza)
"Italia / UE: Incautación del barco de la ONG Proactiva Open Arms, amenazas de muerte y criminalización de tres de sus responsables", 16 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...
France: Judicial investigation opened regarding Nexa Technologies' surveillance equipment sale to Egyptian regime
Recent lawsuits contribute to emerging norm of corporate accountability for international crimes, says scholar
Author: Dieneke de Vos, on Just Security
" Corporate Criminal Accountability for International Crimes ", 30 Nov 2017...