Related stories and components
Telia Company shares Covid-19-related data requests received & its response as part of commitment to transparency, privacy & freedom of expression
Author: Telia Company
"Freedom of expression and the right to privacy in times of COVID-19 - information on unconventional requests (March-April 2020)"...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Telia
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: The Economist (USA)
"Democracy Index 2017: Free speech under attack", 31 January 2018...
Telia Company: Human rights impact assessments and responsible divestment plan for business region Eurasia
- Related companies: Telia
...In general ECCO also provides a number of initiatives on top of paid wages, benefits and overtime compensation for our employees at our factories. Among others, ECCO provides free medical service, donates money to handicap associations, and provides...
- Related stories: Reports allege poor working conditions in shoe supply chains in Eastern Europe; company responses included
- Related companies: ECCO
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
New report outlines measures businesses can take to ensure that human trafficking does not occur in their operations or supply chain
Author: Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
This Occasional Paper, the seventh in a series of Occasional Papers published by OSCE Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, outlines the measures that businesses can take to ensure that traff...