Related stories and components
- Related stories: Research raises concerns about the pitfalls of company audits & makes the case for reforming audits in the public interest
- This is a non response from the following companies: KPMG
Workers allege abusive treatment & lacking COVID-19 precautions in Dutch meat plants; incl. company comments
Author: Bama Athreya, Connected2Work
"Uber’s Achilles Heel: The Rule of Law," 29 July 2020...
33 civil society organisations & multi-stakeholder initiatives urge regional & intl. powers to support EU calls on Cambodian govt. to respect human rights before EBA withdrawal
Three weeks before 12 August 2020, when the European Union (EU) will partially suspend Cambodia’s “Everything But Arms” (EBA) tariff preferences in response to the Cambodian government’s “serious and systematic violations” of four human and labour ri...
Europe: Poor working & housing conditions at meat packing plants responsible for COVID-19 outbreak among workforce, report alleges
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands of workers at meat processing plants across Europe have become infected with the virus. A new report by the European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions (EFFAT) identifies poor...
Author: Matthew Green, Valerie Volcovici, & Emma Farge, Reuters
"Climate battles are moving into the courtroom, and lawyers are getting creative," 3 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Report analyses trends in climate litigation, including diverse strategies used against companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Credit Suisse ExxonMobil Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
- This is a non response from the following companies: Van Rooi Meat