Prevenção e Solução de Conflitos
Related stories and components
Author: XV Acampamento Terra Livre, Articulação do Povos Indígenas do Brasil (APIB), Mobilização Nacional Indígena (MNI), (Brazil)
“A Articulação dos Povos Indígenas do Brasil (Apib) e a Mobilização Nacional Indígena do Brasil (MNI) divulgaram o texto base do ATL 2019, um guia político que reflete as discussões dos povos indígenas desde as aldeias até a capital federal”, 24 de...
NGO report finds that most conflict in eastern Dem. Rep. of Congo not related to mining, warns that responsible sourcing initiatives could negatively impact local community
The Danish Institute for International Studies and the International Peace Information Service (IPIS) released an updated report and webpage analyzing 10 years' worth of data relating to conflict and artisanal mining in Eastern DRC. The findings...
Author: Al Jazeera
"Is oil money fuelling war in South Sudan?" 6 April 2019....
Canada: Facebook bans far-right commentator & white nationalist groups under its 'dangerous individuals & organizations' policy
Author: Kathleen Harris, CBC News (Canada)
"Facebook bans Faith Goldy and 'dangerous' alt-right groups", 8 Apr 2019...
- Related stories: Facebook bans content related to white nationalism & separatism after pressure from civil rights groups
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Facebook Twitter
Peru: Fuerabamba communities reach agreement with Govt over negative impacts of Chinese mining project Las Bambas
Author: Peru Support Group
“Deal announced over Las Bambas” 08 April, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Cambodia: Community representatives urge the govt. to expedite a resolution to solve their land disputes with a company in Koh Kong province
Author: Sotheary Pech, Khmer Times
"Villagers return to Phnom Penh over UDG land dispute", 26 March 2019...
- Related companies: Union Development Group
So. Sudan: IMF advises govt. to stop selling oil advances in loans with Chinese companies, says oil revenues should be used for peacebuilding
Author: Hereward Holland, BusinessDay
"IMF urges South Sudan to halt dubious oil-backed loans", 19 March 2019....