Productos de consumo/ minoristas
Related stories and components
Ecuador: Companies release joint statement in support of threatened labour rights defender Jorge Acosta
Today companies sourcing bananas from Ecuador - Axfood, Coop, Everfresh, Greenfood, Martin & Servera and Menigo - released a joint statement to Ecuadorian government in support of Jorge Acosta, the coordinator of the banana workers’ union ASTAC ...
ICA expects all our suppliers to act in a responsible way and work in line with the requirements stipulated in our contracts. In these we point to the need for suppliers , that have business in countries like Ecuador, to conduct business in responsible...
- Related stories: Ecuador: Companies & business association release statements in support of criminalized defender Jorge Acosta
- This is a response from the following companies: ICA
Australia: Supermarkets Coles & Woolworths pressured over alleged exploitation in labour supply chains
Author: Mahalia Dobson & Rhiannon Tuffield, ABC
"Coles and Woolworths urged to boycott suppliers linked to the exploitation of migrant workers", 3 May 2019...
Civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team urge US Congress to support legislation to curb use of anonymous companies
Author: 12 civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team
"US government action on anonymous companies is crucial in global effort to fight corruption," 30 April 2019...
El Salvador: Garment workers owed $2.3 million severance pay after sudden closure of Global Brands Group major supplier; Global Brands Group did not respond
In November 2018, Hong Kong-based labour groups issued a joint letter to Global Brands Group requesting it take responsibility to ensure full payment of severance for 824 garment workers employed by Global Brands Group major supplier L.D El Salvador, ...
Author: Global Brands Group
- This is a non response from the following companies: Global Brands Group
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 123 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group