Histórias e componentes nesta categoria
Autor: The Japan Times
“Student’s death reveals dark side of Bhutan-Japan exchange program”, 29 Dec 2019...
- Também encontra-se em: Japan: Human rights abuses persist in the "foreign trainee" programme
Autor: Women News Network
Prostitution is currently legal in India, but child prostitution isn’t. Unbelievably brothels that sexually sell children continue to be largely unchecked...With a rising demand for virgins and sex-tourism in illegal sex-industries worldwide the median...
- Respectivas áreas: Latest news on Children
Autor: Elliott Prasse-Freeman, Democratic Voice of Burma
Those who celebrate the return of politics in Burma’s formal channels risk, ironically, shutting down real political debate and dissensus before they have even begun. The same way many opponents view Law as an end, Development is here the sacred object...
- Respectivas áreas: Latest news on conflict & peace
Autor: US Dept. of Labor
This report contains information on the worst forms of child labor and efforts to eliminate this exploitation in 125 independent countries and a summary report on 19 nonindependent countries and territories...The report focuses exclusively on the worst...
Autor: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Today the non-profit Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is launching its first-ever regional briefing: “Business & human rights in South Asia – a round-up of recent developments”...This capsule briefing provides a reality-based snapshot of...
- Também encontra-se em: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches first regional briefing – business & human rights in South Asia Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal)
- Empresas relacionadas: Bahria Town Ballarpur Industries Limited Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Brandix Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Dell Dow Chemical Forbes Marshall Garib & Garib GlaxoSmithKline H&M Habib Rafiq Hindustan Unilever ICICI IKEA Indian Oil Corporation Jaipur Rugs Merck Metro Group People Tree Posco Reliance Industries RL Denim State Bank of India Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources
Autor: Norma Erickson, Examiner.com
Merck donated 9,600 doses of the HPV vaccine, called Gardasil to Bhutan...More than 3,000 girls in Paro received the first dose in October 2009. 2981 of these girls received the second dose in December...Bhutan, however, has been closely watching the...
- Empresas relacionadas: Merck
Autor: Gyalsten K Dorji, Kuensel Online [Bhutan]
The Hindustan construction company (HCC)...has denied following any gender discriminatory employment policies...The company recently made headlines when it said that it would not recruit female wet sweepers....on safety and security reasons...Observers...
- Também encontra-se em: Bhutan: Indian construction firm defends its decision not to employ women
- Empresas relacionadas: Hindustan Construction