Histórias e componentes nesta categoria
Autor: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
For the annual "Public Eye Awards", which the organisers (Greenpeace Switzerland & Berne Declaration) say are for the "worst cases of corporate human rights abuses and environmental misdeeds", seven companies were nominated in January 2013....
Autor: Jörg Polakiewicz, Nagoya University
The paper provides an analysis and overview over the existing human rights standards relating to business...It also analyses existing law and practice regarding civil and criminal liability of corporations...in Europe and [USA]...[as well as] Japan’s...
- Também encontra-se em: Fadeyeva v Russia (re Severstal smelter) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Veja maisVeja menos
- Respectivas áreas: Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Axel Springer Barclays Chevron Daily Mail and General Trust Hitachi Mazda McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Nestlé Shell Total Toyota Trafigura Beheer Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor: Portugal News Online
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods company Unilever is looking to learn from its marketing experience in Asia by selling some products in smaller, cheaper packages with the objective of accommodating the pockets of cash-strapped European consumers pushed...
- Empresas relacionadas: Unilever
Autor: Ian Brown & Douwe Korff, Global Network Initiative
While states are responsible for protecting human rights online under international law, companies responsible for Internet infrastructure, products and services can play an important supporting role. Companies also have a legal and corporate social...
- Também encontra-se em: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Governments & companies can collaborate to protect freedom of expression & privacy online, says report commissioned by Global Network Initiative Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Veja maisVeja menos
- Respectivas áreas: Civil society recommendations to governments Freedom of expression Information & communications technology Privacy
- Empresas relacionadas: AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Blue Coat Bull (part of Atos) Google (part of Alphabet) Intel McAfee (part of Intel) Microsoft Nokia Nokia Networks (part of Nokia) Siemens TeliaSonera Twitter Vodafone YouTube (part of Alphabet) ZTE
Autor: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
The employers’ group today blocked discussion of some of the worst cases of worker rights violations at the annual ILO conference in Geneva...Employers have hijacked the process based on a misplaced ideological conviction that the right to strike,...
Autor: Intl. Civil Litigation and the Interest of the Public, Intl. Law Association
The draft resolution proposed by the Committee for adoption by the full house of the International Law Association is aimed at proposing Guidelines or best practices to address the private international law issues which often face national courts when...
- Também encontra-se em: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Report on "Intl. civil litigation for human rights violations" Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Veja maisVeja menos
- Respectivas áreas: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Law firms
- Empresas relacionadas: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) China Minmetals Daimler Goodyear Rio Tinto Shell
Autor: Bibi van der Zee, Guardian [UK]
The investor state dispute mechanism (ISDM) is...being used by Philip Morris to sue the Australian government over its plans to discourage smoking...There is growing concern among legal experts and the countries hit by these legal cases that the...
- Também encontra-se em: Vattenfall is reportedly suing Germany over closure of nuclear plants in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Respectivas áreas: Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Cargill Chevron Dow Chemical Enron Philip Morris International Shell Siemens Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) Total