Histórias e componentes nesta categoria
Abbott Laboratories (Abbott) holds the patent on lopinavir and ritonavir (lop/r) (marketed under the brand name “Kaletra”), an important drug used in the treatment of HIV. Brazilian NGOs have criticised this patent because its existence meant the Bra...
- Também encontra-se em: Abbott Laboratories lawsuit (re Brazil patent law & access to medicines)
- Empresas relacionadas: Abbott Laboratories
Autor: Carolyn Cohn, Reuters
Fuzzy guidelines on ethical investing and donors' timid response to Uganda's new anti-gay law have reassured fund managers and private equity firms about continuing to invest in the newly oil-rich country, despite worldwide criticism. Business leader...
Autor: Danish Institute for Human Rights
We’ve just uploaded the Tanzania Country Guide. It’s our first Country Guide to include a Special Region Guide, to address the different social and political conditions on the island of Zanzibar. We’d like to thank our partner, the Commission for Human...
- Também encontra-se em: Tanzania: New country guide on business & human rights risks launched
- Respectivas áreas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Empresas relacionadas: African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) AngloGold Ashanti
Autor: International Council on Mining and Metals
...Mining is economically critical for...the world’s poorest...with some 50 countries being significantly dependent on mining. Yet mineral wealth does not always mean positive economic growth – the so-called “resource curse” theory. In 2004, ICMM ...
- Também encontra-se em: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility - new report on pharmaceutical firms' responses to AIDS
- Esta é uma não resposta da seguinte empresa: Schering-Plough