Construction in Qatar Project: see our outreach to construction companies on working conditions & their responses.
Related stories and components
Author: Gulf Times
"Qatar’s first overseas visa centre set to open", 2 October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights and the Qatar World Cup 2022
Saudi Arabia: Digital activist calls for open, decentralized platforms that don’t archive or sell users’ information
Author: Manal Al-Sharif, The New York Times (USA)
"The Dangers of Digital Activism", 16 Sep 2018...
Qatar: Labour abuse reported at World Cup sites and infrastructure projects, internal investigations underway
Author: Anchal Vohra, DW
"Is Qatar failing to deliver on its World Cup promises?", 30 August 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Qatar World Cup's Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy issues statement, launches investigation into death of Nepalese construction worker at Al Wakrah Stadium
Author: Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy
"SC Statement on incident at Al Wakrah Stadium", 14 Aug 2018...
Author: Business Daily Africa
"Dozens of Kenyans stranded in Qatar after jobs fallout", 1 August 2018...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Alaqaria to provide clarify its relationship with HKH General Contracting, as well as explain what measures have been taken to resolve the situation of the workers. Alaqaria did not respond.
- Related stories: Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
- This is a non response from the following companies: Alaqaria