Rentabilité et droits de l'homme
Related stories and components
Author: Bennett Freeman, Chair of the Global Witness Advisory Board, in Business World
"Business and human rights", 08 Dec 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Amazon workers stage Black Friday protests across Europe & USA over 'exploitative' working conditions & low pay
Workers at Amazon warehouses and distrbution centres have staged protests - over low pay, poor working conditions and climate concerns - across Europe and the USA to coincide with the online retailer's annual discounted shopping day, Black Friday. Pro...
Author: Efi Koutsokosta, Euronews
"Joseph Stiglitz : 'Nous avons besoin d'un nouveau contrat social'", 18 novembre 2019...
- Related companies: ExxonMobil
Diverse set of countries pushing for international framework on tax to curb unfair effects of digitisation on fragile economies
Author: Marcello Estevão, The World Bank (writing for World Economic Forum)
"Pushing for tax fairness in a digital world", 20 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Tax avoidance
Author: Julia Carrie Wong, The Guardian
"Google workers call on company to adopt aggressive climate plan", 4 November 2019...
Author: Sam Levin, The Guardian
"Revealed: how Monsanto's 'intelligence center' targeted journalists and activists", 08 Aug 2019...
Brazil: Indigenous leader killed by miners as they make bold incursions into protected areas, following Bolsonaro's encouragement
On 23rd July 2019, a group of heavily armed miners invaded indigenous territory in the North East of Brazil, close to the border with French Guyana, and stabbed indigenous leader, Emyra Wajãpi, to death. Civil society organisations and international...
Author: Global Witness
30 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Global Witness report shows three defenders were killed each week in 2018, most in relation to mining, agribusiness & hydro
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase Promoción y Desarrollo Hídricos (PDHSA) (Now Energía y Renovación S.A ) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Transcanada Vedanta Resources
USA: Wayfair workers to walk out to protest management decision to supply detention centre; CEO rejects their plea
Author: Peter Cohan, Forbes
"3 Reasons To Sell Wayfair On Today's Employee Walkout", 26 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Wayfair
Author: Carrie Mihalcik, Cnet
"Google's Sundar Pichai worries about 'unintended consequences' of regulation" 14 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Facebook Google (part of Alphabet)