Бизнес в период апартеида
Истории и компоненты в данной категории
Автор: Khulumani Support Group
"US District Court Judge Scheindlin dismisses the Apartheid Litigation on grounds that the recent narrowing of the scope of application of the Alien Tort Statute now prevents claims that involve foreign subsidiaries of American corporations", 1 Sep...
Автор: US District Court for the Southern District of New York
This case arises out of allegations that various corporations aided and abetted violations of customary international law committed by the South African apartheid regime. The remaining plaintiffs are members of two putative classes of black South...
Автор: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
Ford Motor Co and IBM Corp will again have to face a U.S. lawsuit claiming they encouraged race-based human rights abuses in apartheid-era South Africa, despite...recent court decisions limiting...such cases... U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin in...
Автор: Nadia Bernaz (Middlesex University), Rights as Usual
[A]t the 9 Bedford Row International Conference on “Human Rights in Post-Revolution States”... [m]y talk was on “Corporate Accountability for Human Rights Violations in Countries in Transition”. The area of corporate accountability and transitional...
- Также найдено в: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 France : La justice ordonne la poursuite de l’enquête accusant Amesys de «complicité de torture» sous le régime de Kadhafi France : Le gouvernement encadrera l’exportation des logiciels de surveillance par les entreprises comme Amesys & Qosmos vers les dictatures France: FIDH & LDH file criminal complaint against Amesys alleging complicity in human rights violations committed by Gaddafi regime in Libya France: Une information judiciaire ouverte suite à une plainte de 2 ONG accusant la société Amesys de complicité d’actes de torture en Libye James Dunne : « Pendant des années, mon travail a servi à des tyrans » Médecins Sans Frontières Qosmos investigation (re Syria) Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Resource Centre launches new briefing - highlights human rights lawsuits against companies over alleged abuses in over 25 countries USA: Corporate speakers at Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference acknowledge need for greater consideration for human rights Показать большеПоказать меньше
- Тематики в деталях: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
Автор: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In 2002 a group of South Africans, represented by the Khulumani Support Group, sued 20 banks and corporations in US federal court that did business in South Africa during apartheid. The plaintiffs allege that the participation of the defendant...
Автор: Nate Raymond, Reuters
A U.S. judge on Thursday said Daimler AG and Rheinmetall AG cannot be held liable for allegedly aiding and abetting South Africa's former apartheid government in race-based attacks and injustices. The plaintiffs in the case accused the two German...
Автор: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Также найдено в: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Показать большеПоказать меньше
- Тематики в деталях: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest Legal News
- Компании, имеющие отношение к делу: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull (part of Atos) CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold Hudbay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev)
Автор: Salil Tripathi, Institute for Human Rights and Business
Apartheid, or the policy of racial segregation that the ruling National Party practiced in South Africa from 1948 to 1991…privileged one group over others, controlling levers of political and economic power…[Nelson Mandela] saw that almost everyone who...
- Также найдено в: So. Africa: Nelson Mandela & the fall of apartheid offer lessons to firms operating in countries with rampant human rights abuses, says Salil Tripathi of Institute for Human Rights and Business
- Компании, имеющие отношение к делу: Anglo American
Автор: Tyler Giannini & Susan Farbstein, Human Rights @Harvard Law
This week, the International Human Rights Clinic, along with co-counsel, filed a petition on behalf of plaintiffs for panel rehearing or rehearing en banc to review the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeal’s decision in Balintulo v. Daimler AG, which is...
- Также найдено в: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Plaintiffs in South African apartheid litigation file petition asking full panel of appeals court to rehear case Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Показать большеПоказать меньше
- Тематики в деталях: Latest Legal News
- Компании, имеющие отношение к делу: Daimler Ford IBM