Related stories and components
FIFA takes very seriously any allegations of human rights violations related to its events. When it comes to the case you refer to, FIFA has followed up with the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC), who confirmed again that Mercury Mena...
- Related stories: Qatar: Government and FIFA respond to Amnesty International investigation into labour abuse of MENA Mercury migrant construction workers; company has not responded
- This is a response from the following companies: FIFA
Author: ats/nxp (Suisse)
New discussion paper on mandatory human rights due diligence - includes perspectives from business, government and civil society
"Let's talk mandatory measures", Fall 2019 [M]andatory measures have not been a central part of the mix considered by states in the initial years of UNGPs implementation... That is now changing, particularly in Europe. A growing number of states are...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2019: Materials launched
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: H&M PepsiCo
Switzerland: Uber faces ban after Geneva government orders reclassification of 'independent contractors' as 'employers'
"Uber faces ban in Geneva if it fails to hire drivers", 1 November 2019...
Author: Hansueli Schöchli, Neue Zürcher Zeitung
"Credit Suisse löst Konflikt um Menschenrechte", 17. Oktober 2019...
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Switzerland: Workers accuse Google of repeatedly attempting to 'shut down' event on labour law & worker rights
Author: Ryan Gallagher, The Star Online
"Swiss Google employees defy managers, stage labour event", 22 October 2019 A few dozen Google employees...held an event...on labour law and worker rights that the...company's executives had repeatedly tried to shut down, according to four Google empl...
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)