Explore categories within this category
- Metals/plastics/basic materials: General
- Soda ash
- Metals & steel
Related stories and components
In February 2019, it was reported that the struggling waste management system in Kosovo, especially prevalent in the largest cities, was not only an environmental threat but affected some of the poorest and most vulnerable in Kosovan society - Roma,...
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: Chinese Lingua team, Global Voice
"Vietnamese victims of 2016 marine disaster have filed a landmark lawsuit against Formosa Plastics Group in Taiwan", 11 Jun 2019...
- Related stories: Vietnam: Fish deaths blamed on Formosa Plastics; Taiwan Court dismisses Vietnamese farmers' lawsuit over environmental damage
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Formosa Plastics
Vietnam: Activist sentenced to six years in prison for environmental protest against Taiwanese steel company
Author: Ivana Kottasová & Angus Watson, CNN
"Vietnamese blogger sentenced to 6 years in jail for environmental protest", 7 June 2019 A Vietnamese environmental activist and blogger has been sentenced to six years in prison under the country's new law that cracks down on online dissent. Nguyen N...
- Related companies: Formosa Plastics
Author: Adam Abu Bakar, Free Malaysia Today
"Residents demand closure of Sepang plastic factory", 26 May 2019...
Author: Center for International Environmental Law
"Plastic & Climate: The Hidden Costs of a Plastic Planet", May 2019...
Uzbekistan: Cotton Campaign & senior govt. officials meet & commit to further steps needed to eliminate forced labour
Author: The Cotton Campaign
"Cotton Campaign Meets with Senior Uzbek Officials in Washington - Parties Agree to Intensify Dialogue on Ending Forced Labor", 15 Feb 2019...
Author: Dawn Stevenson, The Ecologist
'Mining in the UK: Part I', 4 Feb 2019...
Author: Isabel Pfaff, Süddeutsche Zeitung
'Eklat an der Glencore-Mine', 9 Jan 2019...
- Related companies: Glencore