Related stories and components
Serbia: Local residents concerned about rapidly expanding Drmno coal mine, operated by Elektroprivreda Srbije (EPS) & funded by Chinese banks, over health & environmental hazards
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
The Drmno mine in Serbia is rapidly expanding, without anyone knowing what its impacts will be. Despite a planned 30 per cent increase in production volume, no figures on the surface areas expansion have been made public, and no Environmental Impact...
- Related companies: EPS (Elektroprivreda Srbije)
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: AFP & L'Express
« Les lanceurs d'alerte, un statut encore fragile », 9 novembre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Danske Bank UBS
US imposes sanctions against Dan Gertle & 18 other businessmen under First Global Magnitsky Act for complicity in human rights violations
The US has announced sanctions against 52 people and entities from around the world over alleged human rights abuses and corruption. This includes Israeli billionaire Gertler over Congo deals and Benjamin Bol Mel of South Sudan. Announcing the...
Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
The report "Europe's Sweatshops" published by Clean Clothes Campaign documents poverty wages and poor working conditions in the garment and shoe industry throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The report is presented together with new country...
- This is a non response from the following companies: Aster Textile
- This is a non response from the following companies: Benetton
- This is a non response from the following companies: Calzedonia
- This is a non response from the following companies: Dolce & Gabbana