Related stories and components
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: LXIV Legislatura Cámara de Diputados (México)
“Advierte Ortega Martínez que proyectos de Tren Maya y de Termoeléctrica infringen acuerdos internacionales sobre pueblos indígenas”, 2 de marzo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: Sidney Khotpanya & Eugene Whong, Radio Free Asia
"Laos Stops Chinese-backed Tourism Development Survey in 3 Villages", 4 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Fiji: Locals accuse Chinese resort developer of working without environmental approvals; resort site in dispute
A Chinese resort developer, Freesoul Real Estate, has been accused of working without the required environmental approvals and poor environmental management, resulting in polluted fishing grounds and destruction of mangroves and reefs. Locals impacted...
Roundtable Human Rights in Tourism launches new online tool to help co's identify human rights risks
Author: Roundtable Human Rights in Tourism
This Get Started Tool will help you identify human rights risks and integrate measures to protect human rights into your operations and along the value chain....
We invited Freesoul Real Estate to respond to allegations relating to its activities at the holiday resort under development at Malolo Island, Fiji. It did not respond.
- Related stories: Fiji: Locals accuse Chinese resort developer of working without environmental approvals; resort site in dispute
- This is a non response from the following companies: Freesoul Real Estate (Fiji)
So. Africa: How human rights activist has championed her community's resistance to mining despite threats from pro mining groups
Author: Sheree Bega, IOL (So. Africa)
"Xolobeni activist defies death threats to protect her ancestral land"...