UN Working Group on business & human rights
The UN Working Group on business & human rights was established by the UN Human Rights Council in 2011 for a 3-year term that continues to be renewed. Full details of its mandate, commentaries on its work, and other materials are on our dedicated portal.
Related stories and components
The Civil Society Platform for Japan’s National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights (BHR-NAP Platform), a network of Japanese and international civil society organizations, has issued a statement stating that consultation with civil society in th...
UN Working Group issues report on human rights due diligence, with recommendations to governments, companies & investors
Full report to the UN General Assembly Companion note 1: Clarification of terms around human rights due diligence Companion note 2: Guidance to companies on human rights due diligence
Some observations and opinions on the “zero” version of the draft treaty on business and human rights
Author: Nicolás Carrillo-Santarelli, profesor Universidad de La Sabana (Colombia)
The very fact that the recently-published draft treaty “to regulate, in international human rights law, the activities of transnational corporations and other business enterprises” is expressly referred to as the “zero draft” is a testament to its...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on proposed binding treaty Statements, initiatives & commentaries
Author: Anita Ramasastry, UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights; Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders; David R. Boyd, UN Special Rapporteur on human rights and the environment & Victoria Tauli-Corpuz, UN Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples
"The deadly price of fighting for human and environmental rights", 04 Sep 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Consejería Presidencial de Derechos Humanos (Colombia)
“2do Informe de seguimiento del Plan Nacional de Acción de Derechos Humanos y Empresas 2017- 2018”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans Principios Rectores sobre empresas y derechos humanos Últimas noticias - libertad de asociación Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Aviatur Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BHP Billiton Brookfield Cemex Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Cerro Matoso (part of South32, part of BHP Billiton) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Ecopetrol Fortox Security Group Glencore Grupo Bolívar Grupo Nutresa Isagen (part of Brookfield) Mineros Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore) SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Smurfit Kappa Cartón de Colombia (part of Smurfit Kappa) South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Telefónica
Author: The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"Statement at the end of visit to Kenya by the United Nations Working Group on Business and Human Rights"...