作者: Naren Karunakaran, Outlook Business [India]
“I was the one who was against caste profiling and kept it at bay in the group for decades,” confesses Irani [Director, Tata Sons], who also heads the council for affirmative action of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). But in finally doing so...
- 另见: Commentary: Multinationals in India should help address caste discrimination (provides recommended tools)
- 相关企业: Bagir Bajaj Auto Barclays Forbes Marshall Ford General Motors HSBC IBM Johnson Controls PepsiCo PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Shell Standard Chartered Tata Group Verizon Walmart
作者: Intl. Dalit Solidarity Network, Danish Institute for Human Rights
The Dalit Discrimination Check is a tool developed specifically to help companies prevent discrimination and exploitation of Dalits in their Indian operations and suppliers. The tool is designed as a comprehensive checklist consisting of self-guided...
作者: Billy Briggs, Sunday Herald [UK]
This is child labour in a stone quarry in Nepal...Marshalls PLC…said that large sections of the gardening and construction industry were turning a blind eye to the use of child labour in quarries in order to maximise profits. "We want the industry to...
作者: Human Rights Watch, Center for Human Rights and Global Justice (CHRGJ) at New York University School of Law
[refers to DynCorp, AngloGold Ashanti, Enron, Wal-Mart, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo! (part of e-Bay), Skype]
作者: Indian People's Tribunal on Environment & Human Rights
An eight member multidisciplinary panel of the Indian People’s Tribunal headed by Justice S. N. Bhargava (Former Chief Justice Sikkim High Court) enquired into alleged human rights and environment violations created by a bauxite-mining project proposed...
- 另见: Indian People's Tribunal raises serious human rights & environmental concerns about proposed Uktal bauxite mine in Orissa (joint venture Hindalco & Alcan)
- 深度追踪: Environment - An introduction Health - an introduction India Indigenous peoples - an introduction Other authors, including governments
- 相关企业: Aditya Birla Group Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Vedanta Resources
作者: Nostromo Research & India Resource Center
[also refers to Bharat Aluminum Company (BALCO), Madras Aluminium Company (MALCO), Vedanta Alumina, Hindustan Zinc (all part of Vedanta Resources); Sterlite Industries (major shareholder of Vedanta Resources), Twin Star Holdings, Volcan Investments,...
作者: Anand Giridharadas, International Herald Tribune
The villagers abandoned those wells [in their backyards] after Coca-Cola built a factory in this district in Kerala in 2000, sucking groundwater from beneath the villagers' feet and converting it into soft drinks and bottled water. In the process,...
- 相关企业: Coca-Cola