作者: Sir Geoffrey Chandler (Founder Chair, Amnesty International UK Business Group, 1991-2001; former Director General, UK National Economic Development Office; a former Director of Shell International)
A set of UN-endorsed norms or principles for businesses, clearly and unambiguously worded, recognising the benefits that companies bring, but also the harm they can do if such norms or principles are disregarded in practice, would be of immense value...
作者: Sune Skadegaard Thorsen, Attorney at Law and Annemarie Meisling, Assistant Attorney at Law, Lawhouse.dk (Submitted for Intl. Society of Business, Economics, and Ethics Conference, Melbourne, 15 – 17 July 2004)
It is in other words advantageous for business to use human rights, as defined in the UN Bill of human rights, as the core of their CSR strategy...The following two cases [NovoNordisk, Sonofon] will briefly describe how two companies have adopted a...
作者: Professor Margaret Bedggood
[course taught at Summer School in Intl. Human Rights Law, Oxford Univ. & George Washington Univ. Law School, 2004]
- 另見: Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Slavery reparations lawsuit (re USA) Syllabus: "Human Rights in the Marketplace" (summer 2004 course, Intl. Human Rights Law programme, Oxford Univ.) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) 顯示更多顯示較少
- 相關企業: Enron Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Nike Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)
作者: NGO Working Group on EDC [Export Development Canada], Halifax Initiative Coalition
[T]his discussion paper proposes a framework, based on best practices, for mainstreaming human rights concerns into all stages of the project cycle [for projects supported by export credit agencies, World Bank, IFC and other public international...
作者: Sune Skadegaard Thorsen, Attorney at Law, and Annemarie Meisling, Assistant Attorney at Law, Lawhouse.dk (submitted for the Intl. Bar Association / International Association of Young Lawyers conference on Corporate Social Responsibility, Amsterdam, 25 - 26 June 2004)
The Draft Norms is a first attempt to establish an international framework for mandatory standards on Corporate Social Responsibility. The paper discusses both opportunities and shortcomings of the Norms. [refers to members of the Business Leaders...
作者: David Kinley & Junko Tadaki, Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Monash University [Australia], in Virginia Journal of International Law
...there are abundant reasons why the legal regulation of [transnational corporations'] activities at all levels of impact is sought, ought to be sought, and is sometimes achieved. This article is concerned with developing the arguments for, and...
- 另見: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) 顯示更多顯示較少
- 深度追蹤: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- 相關企業: adidas BHP Billiton BP Chevron Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Gap Levi Strauss Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)
作者: Joe W. (Chip) Pitts III, entrepreneur, former Chief Legal Officer of Nokia Inc.
[speech to United Nations Association of Dallas] From the standpoint of business, [the UN Norms on business & human rights] offer quite comprehensive yet concise content that reflects more harmonized rules, relevant across industries, in one...
- 相關企業: Enron
作者: Steve Ouma, Deputy Executive Director, Kenya Human Rights Commission
...studies done by the Kenya Human Rights Commission and other civil society actors have revealed that most voluntary codes and CSR initiatives have been a “convenient mask”...Corporates can act as better citizens by embracing corporate accountability...