作者: Ana Elena Obando, Women's Human Rights net
[A] special report on the legal, civil and criminal responsibilities of states and corporations to the people for the violation of their human rights. It explains the international legal framework and the mechanisms available that may be used to hold...
- 另見: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) 顯示更多顯示較少
- 深度追蹤: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- 相關企業: BHP Billiton Cambior Chevron Chiquita Dole Dow Chemical ExxonMobil Monsanto (part of Bayer) Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Pemex Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron)
作者: Sir Geoffrey Chandler, founder-chair, Amnesty International UK Business Group 1991-2001, former director of Shell International, in European Network for Indigenous Australian Rights
Mandatory reporting of a company’s impacts on the environment and the community is an essential starting point for any regulatory framework...A group of seven major companies (ABB, Barclays, Body Shop International, MTV Networks Europe, National Grid...
作者: Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
This Status Report has been prepared by the Social Responsibility Working Group (SRWG) and provides a baseline of where IPIECA [Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association] members stand on human rights. It also highlights some of...
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- 另見: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- 相關企業: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Equinor (formerly Statoil) Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
作者: Maurice Mendelson
I consider this document [the UN Norms] to be extremely unsatisfactory from a legal viewpoint. In particular: It has little or no basis in existing international law...It runs counter to the general structure of international law which, for good...
作者: Rory Sullivan, Director, Investor Responsibility, Insight Investment, OneWorld
There is a further dimension to these discussions, namely the question of how far companies should be responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights. Here too, there is a growing degree of clarity. [refers to Shell, BP, Rio Tinto]