More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- 另見: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- 相關企業: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland (part of VF Corp) Unilever
作者: Rina Chandran, Reuters
[I]n remote parts of Africa and the Indian subcontinent...through small loans for solar powered devices, microfinance is bringing light...where a lack of electricity has stymied economic development, literacy rates and health..."They have increased...
- 相關企業: Grameen Bank
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- 另見: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- 相關企業: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
作者: NewsAhead International
The theme for [World Water Week] 2009 is Responding to Global Changes: Accessing Water for the Common Good. On Aug 19, Canadian manufacturer Trojan Technologies will be awarded the 2009 Stockholm Industry Water Award for what is described as an...
- 相關企業: Trojan Technologies
作者: Richard Wright, Isle of Wight County Press [UK]
Breaches of health and safety regulations cost Vestas Blades nearly £500,000, a court was told. The…turbine blademaker, which is set to close, was fined a maximum £10,000 by Island magistrates and told to pay £25,000 of the Health and Safety Executive...
- 相關企業: Vestas Wind Systems
作者: Huma Qureshi, Guardian [UK]
Ethical and climate change funds that claim to be socially responsible are failing to invest in companies which support the environment, a new study claims. The report by independent financial adviser Holden & Partners reveals most ethical funds...
- 相關企業: Aegon Allianz Associated British Foods Barclays BP E.ON F&C Asset Management GlaxoSmithKline HSBC Legal & General Investment Management Lloyds Neste Oil Norwich Union (part of Aviva) Premier Oil Schroders Shell SolarWorld Standard Life Suez Tesco Triodos Bank Vestas Wind Systems Virgin Group Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone
作者: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria
GBC will be hosting a meeting with the private sector and local stakeholders in Gabon, to discuss malaria prevention efforts in the central African nation and chart a path forward…Already, GBC member companies Sumitomo Chemical and Vestergaard Frandsen...