Construction, including dam-building
This is the construction-sector section of our platform on Chinese Investment Overseas
Introductory material: “The New Great Walls: A Guide to China’s Overseas Dam Industry”, International Rivers (hydro)
- 另見: Ecuador: Policía reprime protestas contra primer proyecto de minería a gran escala firmado entre el gobierno y EcuaCorriente, ECSA
- 深度追蹤: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region Violence & Abuses
- 以下企業未有提供回應: China Railway Construction
作者: Namibia Press Agency
Chinese-owned construction companies, labour-hire companies, salaries of civil servants and the country’s land reform process are some of the challenges that remain a “thorn in the flesh” of workers in the country. National Union of Namibian Workers ...
作者: Anhui Foreign Economic Construction (parent company of Anjin)
Recently some Newspapers and Medias published some untrue news that “Anjin Investment (Private) Limited beats and curses local workers’, such untrue reports come out of zero and are pure slander to Anjin, they cannot stand any test of truth and facts....
- 另見: Zimbabwe: Human rights abuses still on-going in Marange, says community group
- 深度追蹤: African region Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Extractives, including oil and mines
- 這是由以下企業提供的回應: Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe)
作者: Associated Press
Chinese officials have urged Myanmar’s government to restart a Chinese-backed multibillion-dollar power dam project that was suspended apparently without notice last year...The project had drawn protests from ethnic and environmental groups, and the...
- 另見: Philippines: NGOs concerned by Intex Resources' potential partnership with Chinese firm MCC8 for Mindoro Nickel Project - Norwegian Contact Point for OECD Guidelines had identified problems with project's consultation with indigenous people, and...
- 深度追蹤: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Extractives, including oil and mines Land Rights & Displacements Southeast Asia
- 這是由以下企業提供的回應: MCC8 Group
作者: Keith Bradsher and Jeffrey Gettleman, New York Times
More than two dozen Chinese road workers have been seized by a Sudanese rebel group, Chinese and Sudanese officials said Sunday, underlining the risks for China in sending ever-greater numbers of its workers into some of the world’s most turbulent...
作者: Acción Ecológica [Ecuador]
This morning October 18, 2011, around 500 military and police special-forces entered the area of Rio Grande using gas and violent repression families installed since June, at the Resistance Camp to Defend Rio Grande. The...police says that the...