Construction, including dam-building
This is the construction-sector section of our platform on Chinese Investment Overseas
Introductory material: “The New Great Walls: A Guide to China’s Overseas Dam Industry”, International Rivers (hydro)
作者: Burma Rivers Network
Hundreds of local villagers were forced to greet the Minister of Electric Power and Minister of Energy today at an official “celebration” ceremony to launch the construction of China’s Myitsone dam, which will…impact millions living along Burma’s main...
作者: EarthRights International
EarthRights International (ERI) has identified at least 69 Chinese multinational corporations (MNCs) involved in at least 90 hydropower, oil and natural gas, and mining projects in Burma...In pursuit of Burma’s natural resources, China has provided...
- 另見: EarthRights details Chinese companies' investments in Burma - says they "provide financial support to military junta"
- 深度追蹤: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Environmental issues Extractives, including oil and mines Southeast Asia
- 相關企業: Alstom Chevron China CAMC Engineering China Development Bank China Exim China Gezhouba China Huaneng Group China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China National Electric Equipment (CNEEC) China National Heavy Machinery China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Non-ferrous Metal Industry’s Foreign Engineering & Construction (part of China Nonferrous Metal Mining) China Nonferrous Metal Mining China Power Investment China Southern Power Grid China Three Gorges Corporation CITIC Pacific CNGC CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Hunan Hydropower Design Institute Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Jiangsu Pengfei Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) NORINCO (China North Industries) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Sinohydro Sinopec State Grid Corporation of China Total Wanbao Mining Yunnan Huaneng Lancang River Hydropower (part of China Huaneng) Yunnan Joint Power Development (joint venture Yunnan Huaneng Lancang River Hydropower, Yunnan Power Grid, YMEC) Yunnan Machinery & Equipment Import & Export (YMEC) Yunnan Power Grid (part of China Southern Power Grid) Zhejiang Orient Holding Zijin
作者: Micael Boateng, Ghanaian Chronicle
Ghanaian workers at the Bui hydroelectric Power site have called on Government, the Labour Commission, Trade Union Congress of Ghana (TUC), and the Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), to come to their aid, as the working...
- 另見: Construction of Myitsone dam (China Power Investment, Burmese Govt.) begins - concerns of extortion & abuse of villagers by army.
- 深度追蹤: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Extractives, including oil and mines Southeast Asia Violence & Abuses
- 以下企業未有提供回應: China Power Investment
作者: Howard French & Lydia Polgren with Fan Wenxin, New York Times
To help [develop Chad's export sector], China plans to build the country’s first oil refinery, lay new roads, provide irrigation and erect a mobile telephone network... To achieve...growth [in its investments in Africa, China] has bypassed...
作者: Dan Morrison, US News & World Report
China has invested an estimated $6 billion plus in Sudan's oil infrastructure... Africa's biggest ongoing dam project, the Merowe Dam, will soon provide 1,250 megawatts to [Sudan], courtesy of the Chinese International Water & Electric Corp....
作者: China Road & Bridge (CRBC)
The news report is not true. Our branch office in Congo has already held a news release. We’ve asked the website [that published the original allegations] to clarify the facts and apologize to our company, and we reserve the right to proceed against...
A new report...by BankTrack...and Friends of the Earth US...finds that only two of China’s ten most important banks -- China Development Bank (CDB) and the Export-Import Bank of China (Chexim) -- have publicly-disclosed environmental policies. Both...
- 深度追蹤: African region Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Environmental issues Extractives, including oil and mines Southeast Asia
- 相關企業: Agricultural Bank of China Bank of America Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Exim Citigroup Goldman Sachs HSBC Royal Bank of Scotland
作者: Patrick Éric Mampouya, Kimpwanza [Congo]
L'ouvrier congolais ne mâche pas ses mots lorsqu'il évoque le climat social de son usine de ciment de Loutété, dans le sud du Congo : "Il y a ici une injustice pratiquée par la direction chinoise de l'entreprise qui s'apparente à une forme d'esclavage"...