6th Session of the IGWG dedicated to negotiations on the proposed binding treaty on business and human rights
From October 26th to 30th, the UN open-ended intergovernmental working group (IGWG) held discussions on the Second Revised Draft of the binding treaty released earlier this year. In this story, read daily summaries from ECCJ on the session and access further resources on the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre website.
Daily Summaries from European Coalition for Corporate Justice:
- Day 1: Opening Session, Preamble, Definitions and Statement of Purpose
- Day 2: Scope, Rights of Victims, Due Diligence Obligations and Access to Remedy
- Day 3: Liability, Jurisdiction, and Statute of Limitations
- Day 4: Mutual Legal Assistance, Consistency with International Instruments and Fund to Support Victims
- Day 5: Final Draft Articles and Conclusions
Must-haves for the session
Official documents & event details
Access resources, agenda, information for registration and participation on the OHCHR website.
Summary of the Second Revised Draft
Read the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre's unofficial summary of the Second Revised Draft.
Latest commentary & news on the Second Revised Draft
Explore statements from NGOs, governments, international bodies and others on the new draft.
المزيد من القراءة
Follow latest news on the session and civil society campaigns calling a number of governments to engage in constructive negotiations in the timeline below.