India: All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee calls on gov’t to engage in dialogue with protesting farmers
“All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee (AIKSCC) STATEMENT OF INDIAN FARMERS”, 29 November 2020
Farmers are united and speak in unison in their demand that the Central Government repeal the 3 anti-farmer, anti-people laws that were enacted without consultation to serve corporate interests, and withdraw Electricity Bill 2020…
- From the way the whole Dilli Chalo march has unfolded so far, farmers state that the Government has obviously not paid any attention to their demands and issues.
- Farmers of India … held numerous protests all over the country locally, while farmers around Delhi are continuing to march towards the national capital … they met with the repressive, inhuman, undignifying attack on them by … water cannon shelling, tear gas shelling, lathi charge…
- … [T]he force deployment all over the city is creating an atmosphere of terror and apprehension amongst the protesting farmers and even the people of Delhi…
- The government, if it is serious about addressing the demands of the farmers, should stop laying down any conditions … and should come straight out with a proposal about the solution it is offering. The farmers are clear about their demands.
- AIKSCC has demanded that the government should stop dealing with the issue from the prism of intelligence agencies and home ministry ... Its attempt to invoke Home Ministry only acts as a threat to farmers, rather than arouse confidence in its sincerity.
- AIKSCC Working Group has … has also called upon all anti corporate, pro farmer forces to join hands and hold protests. While calling for an all India mobilization, it has called for state level protests all over the country from December 1, 2020.
- … [F]armers welcome the widespread and enthusiastic support being extended by common people in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
AIKSCC salutes the spirit of farmers of Punjab and Haryana for the will they have shown to save farming communities and farming in India … Our path for the struggle continues to remain peaceful mass assertion.