... Feeder Apparel, one of the facilities owned by Sports City... has been a production facility for lululemon since 2012. Throughout 2020 and the pandemic, we continued to provide orders to Sports City and Feeder Apparel without any significant reductions... Sports City’s actions include:
- Inform all workers of Feeder Apparel of the need for the planned retrenchment process in advance, as well as the legal requirements of this process, selection criteria and severance packages available.
- Apply fair selection criteria for retrenchment of workers, based on performance and length of service.
- Ensure all retrenched workers are given the option to 30-day pay, as prescribed by the law.
- Provide full severance & benefits to all retrenched workers as per the law.
- On the day of layoffs, ensure the presence of the Department of Labor (DOLE), in order to oversee the the retrenchment process and be able to respond to any questions by workers.
- On the day of layoffs, provide food assistance to all laid off workers.
- Communicate to workers that priority for re-hiring will be given to retrenched workers, should the economic situation allow for reinstatement.
[W]e will continue to be in close contact with the supplier and with the other buyers in the facility to monitor the situation and understand where we can provide further support through this difficult situation...
[The full response is attached]