Tiffany response on potential links to illegal gold mining in the Yanomami Indigenous Land
...Tiffany & Co.'s vertical integration model allows the jeweler to uphold its standards of craftsmanship, safe and healthy working environments, community economic development and supply chain traceability. This same model gives Tiffany & Co. a strong chain of custody over raw materials, direct oversight of manufacturing and a platform to help improve global standards and conditions.
In 2021, over 99% of all gold, silver and platinum metal sourced for jewelry was traced to a known mine or a known recycled source. The remaining less than 1% was traced to Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC)-certified refiners.
In response to the allegations mentioned, Tiffany & Co. can confirm that the jeweler does not use gold originating in Brazil...