abusesaffiliationarrow-downarrow-leftarrow-rightarrow-upattack-typeburgerchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-upClock iconclosedeletedevelopment-povertydiscriminationdollardownloademailenvironmentexternal-linkfacebookfiltergenderglobegroupshealthinformation-outlineinformationinstagraminvestment-trade-globalisationissueslabourlanguagesShapeCombined Shapelocationmap-pinminusnewsorganisationotheroverviewpluspreviewprofilerefreshnewssearchsecurityPathtagticktooltiptwitteruniversalityweb

Esta página no está disponsible en español y se muestra enEnglish

Artículo

Ecuador judge hearing Chevron case changed again

The judge hearing an oil pollution lawsuit against Chevron in Ecuador has been replaced, the court said on Friday, setting the stage for the third judge in a year to take over the $27 billion case. A previous judge in the 18-year-old lawsuit…recused himself last year after he was accused of misconduct and involvement in a bribery scheme…Chevron asked last month for Judge Leonardo Ordonez to recuse himself because he did not investigate evidence of collusion between the plaintiffs and Richard Cabrera, the court-appointed expert who came up with potential damages of up to $27 billion. "I have removed Ordonez" from the case, Nicolas Zambrano, also of Sucumbios court, told Reuters.

Story Timeline