Member of UN Global Compact
3M website: www.3m.com
USA: Locals sue firefighting foam manufacturers alleging its use at air force base caused water contamination & health problems
Author: Chad Sokol, The Spokesman (USA)
"Neighbors of Fairchild Air Force Base sue makers of toxic fire retardant, including 3M Co.", 11 Apr 2018...
USA: Several co.s to face class action lawsuit over waste dumping practices allegedly harmful for health; co.s deny allegations
Author: Sheena Butler-Young, Footwear News (USA)
"Merrell, Saucony Parent Facing More Than 90 Lawsuits Stemming From Waste Dumping Practices", 28 Feb 2018...
Author: Primera Hora (Puerto Rico)
“Empresa 3M pagará $850 millones a Minnesota por contaminación”, 21 de febrero de 2018...
- Related companies: 3M
European fashion giants H&M and C&A, as well as technology company 3M, are looking into a report in the Financial Times alleging that inmates of a Chinese prison made packaging used by the companies......
Author: Bill George, Harvard Business School (USA)
"Op-Ed: Courageous Leader Triggers a Moral Revolt of CEOs Against Trump" 18 August 2017...
- Related stories: Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related companies: 3M Alliance for American Manufacturing GE (see General Electric) Merck Twitter Walmart
USA: President Trump disbands business councils as top executives of 3M, Campbell Soup, Johnson & Johnson & United Technologies resign
"Business councils disband over Trump remarks." ...
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
Author: Dennis Pillion, Alabama Media Group
"Alabama water pollution lawsuit to proceed after judge rejects motion to dismiss", 15 Feb 2017...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard