Headquarters in Canada
Abitibi website: www.abitibiconsolidated.com
Author: CBC News (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.)
Every resident in the small central Newfoundland community of Buchans has been told they should get a blood test to find out if they've been poisoned by lead... Results from tests done during the summer show that an abandoned mine site that stretches...
- Related companies: Abitibi
Author: The Indigenous Portal [press release by Rainforest Action Network, Earth Justice Initiative]
Today Calvert Investments [part of Calvert Group] removed Weyerhaeuser from the Calvert Social Index of sustainable and responsible companies due to Weyerhaeuser’s failure to meet the Index’s standards for Indigenous Peoples’ Rights...[also refers to...
- Related stories: Calvert removes Weyerhaeuser from social index for not meeting its standards on indigenous people's rights
- Related in-depth areas: Indigenous peoples - an introduction
- Related companies: Abitibi Bowater Weyerhaeuser
Author: Le Monde
Le gouvernement irakien a débuté une action en justice...contre plusieurs dizaines de multinationales, accusées d'avoir versé des dessous-de-table...pour obtenir des contrats dans le cadre du programme onusien "Pétrole contre nourriture...l'Irak...
Author: Globe and Mail [Canada]
[Results of Globe & Mail / Jantzi Research survey of forest products sector. Compares social & environmental performance of the following companies, listed from highest score to lowest: Catalyst, Tembec, Cascades, Norbord, Canfor, TimberWest,...
- Related stories: Canada: Globe & Mail / Jantzi Research compare companies' performance on social & environmental issues in five sectors
- Related companies: Abitibi Tembec
Author: Douglas G. Cogan, Investor Responsibility Resource Center, for Ceres
This report is the first comprehensive measurement of how 100 leading global companies are preparing and positioning themselves to face these challenges [from climate change]. It pays particular attention to the job that corporate executives and board...
- Related stories: Ceres ranks 100 global companies on climate change strategies - BP, DuPont receive top scores, while Newmont, ExxonMobil, Sempra Energy & Nissan lag
- Related companies: ABB Abitibi AES Air France KLM Air Products Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Altria American Electric Power Anadarko Anglo American Apache Arch Coal Archer Daniels Midland BASF Bayer BHP Billiton BMW BP Bunge Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Devon Energy Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Ford Foundation Coal FPL Group General Electric General Mills General Motors Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Goldman Sachs Hess Corporation Hitachi Honda ICI International Paper John Deere JPMorgan Chase Marathon Oil MeadWestvaco Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Monsanto Murphy Oil Nestlé Newmont Nippon Steel Nissan Nucor Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy PepsiCo PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PPG Praxair Progress Energy Rio Tinto Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sunoco Tesoro Total Toyota TXU Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UPS Valero Energy Volkswagen Weyerhaeuser Williams Companies Xcel Energy