Headquarters in Canada
Acres International website: http://www.acres.com
Yes, Master - How Western companies are selling their souls for a piece of the massive Chinese market
Author: Steve Maich, Macleans [Canada]
A former executive with Occidental Chemical Corp. and ex-president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, [John] Kamm has spent the past 16 years working for human rights reform in China... [L]ately, he has watched in disbelief as some of...
- Related stories: Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan)
- Related companies: Acres International adidas Cisco Systems Gap General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hydro-Québec Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike Nortel Networks Reebok (part of adidas) SNC-Lavalin Sun Microsystems Talisman (part of Repsol) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Legal Remedies for the Resource Curse - A Digest of Experience in Using Law to Combat Natural Resource Corruption
Author: Open Society Justice Initiative
Legal Remedies for the Resource Curse is a digest of practical experience in using law to combat corruption across jurisdictions. When resource extraction companies can obtain oil, diamonds, gold, coltan, timber, and other natural resources through...
- Related stories: Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Acres International Dow Chemical Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Halliburton HSBC KBR Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) PNC Financial Services Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Rougier Santander Shell Total Union Carbide (part of Dow)
[DOC] In Search for Direct Corporate Responsibility for Human Rights Violations in Africa: Which Way Forward?
Author: Tsafack Jean. B. Fokwa, LL. M. candidate, Univ. of Pretoria Faculty of Law
...this study focuses on the responsibility concept for corporate human rights violations and the objective of this study is to explore, examine and assess various avenues for asserting responsibility for corporate human rights violations. [refers to...
Author: edited by Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment, UK
"Business and Human Rights" provides an analysis of the relationship between companies and human rights in the context of globalisation. The analysis is in two parts. The first maps the reasons (financial, ethical, regulatory) why human rights have...
- Related stories: new book "Business and Human Rights: Dilemmas and Solutions" looks at how companies are responding to specific human rights issues
- Related companies: 3M ABB ABN Amro Acres International Aurora Gold Body Shop (part of Natura) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Chevron Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Ecopetrol Enron ExxonMobil Gap Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)