Headquarters in Germany
Author: Armin Paasch & Miriam Saage-Maaß, Blätter
"Lieferketten unter Corona: Den Letzten beißen die Hunde", Mai 2020...
Vietnam: Workers allege that firm that makes shoes for Nike & Adidas used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them; companies respond
One hundred fifty Chinese workers allege that they have become expendable and that the manufacturing firm, Pou Chen, used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them. Pou Chen said it was forced to terminate the workers' contracts due to the decline in...
21 May 2020...
- Related stories: Vietnam: Workers allege that firm that makes shoes for Nike & Adidas used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them
- This is a response from the following companies: adidas
New academic research finds many audits are unreliable and underlines need for mandatory due diligence & worker participation
Author: Jason Judd & Sarosh Kuruvilla, The Conversation
"Why apparel brands’ efforts to police their supply chains aren’t working", 30 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: adidas Hennes & Mauritz (H&M)
Labour groups 'disappointed' as German National Contact Point closed case against Adidas over alleged abuses at Indonesian supplier
In July 2012, 1300 workers at the Panarub Dwikarya Benoa (PDK) factory in Indonesia who went on strike to protest poor working conditions were dismissed. A 2016 ILO report affirmed that the situation at the factory constituted a violation of...
...Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to comment... Below you will find a brief description of our general approach to fair wages - which is the central issue in the CCC study – and an explanation of the wage-setting processes we have...
- Related stories: European garment workers producing for German brands continue to face abuse amid COVID-19, report finds; incl. company responses
- Related companies: adidas
Author: Malte Kreutzfeldt, taz
"Keine Hilfe bei Dividendenzahlung", 21. April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)-Ausbruch COVID-19 (Coronavirus)-Ausbruch: Regierungs- & Unternehmensreaktionen
- Related companies: adidas Group KfW
Global unions, employers & brands join call to action to protect garment workers during COVID-19 pandemic
The International Organisation of Employers, the International Trade Union Confederation, IndustriALL Global Union, Bangladesh Employers’ Federation and major brands and retailers are working with the International Labour Organization to take action to...
Author: Дейкало Е. А., Гулак О. Н., Хлащенкова Ю. С., Воробьева Е. М.
Настоящее издание – аналитический обзор преимуществ, которые может иметь бизнес, если будет включать повестку прав человека в процессы управления компанией. Обзор является продолжением темы, издан в дополнение к Руководству [для бизнеса, государства и...
- Related companies: adidas Aeroflot Bosch Canon Carlsberg Breweries Coca-Cola Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hugo Boss Lego McDonald's Michelin Microsoft Netflix Rolex Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Samsung Sony TikTok (part of ByteDance) Walt Disney
Bangladesh: Millions of garment workers continue to be threatened with job & income losses, as global brands cancel orders due to COVID-19
Author: David Schilling, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
“The collateral damage of Covid-19 in the Bangladesh apparel sector”, 24 April 2020...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Seven years on from Rana Plaza factory collapse, garment workers' lives at risk again amid COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
- Related companies: adidas Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Inditex Marks & Spencer Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Target Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) VF Corp