Headquarters in Germany
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Today two garment workers, part of a group of 2000 workers from Indonesia, tour Japan calling on UNIQLO after the retailer turned down a request to meet earlier this week. The tour is part of the global Pay Up UNIQLO campaign taking place in Europe,...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Terminated workers of Uniqlo's Jaba Garmindo factory demand payment of wages; company responds
- Related companies: adidas H&M Nike Walmart
Author: Tom McCarthy, The Guardian
"Woke business: have big brands found a conscience or a marketing ploy?" 16 Sept 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Palestinian Campaign for Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI), BDS
The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel welcomes the news that Adidas is no longer sponsoring the Israel Football Association (IFA). Last March, over 130 Palestinian football clubs called on the German sportswear...
- Related stories: Palestinian football clubs urge adidas to cut ties with the Israel Football Association over illegal settlement teams
- Related companies: adidas Puma
- Related stories: Adidas’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: adidas
Author: Petra Sorge, TAZ
„Die Zielvorgaben sind kaum zu schaffen“, sagt [...] ein Mitarbeiter der Adidas-Zulieferfabrik Bay Island in San Pedro Sula, Honduras... Adidas selbst erklärt, es unterhalte „keine direkte vertragliche Beziehung mit Bay Island“, sondern nur...
Nicaragua: Main multinationals call for govt. to respect rule of law and guarantee freedom of assembly & expression
Author: Maynor Salazar, Confidencial (Nicaragua)
"Nicaragua’s Free Trade Zone Multinationals Ask Ortega to End Repression", 1 Jul 2018...
Major World Cup sponsors, adidas & Nike, accused of paying "poverty wages" to women workers in their supply chains
A new report by Éthique sur l’étiquette and Clean Clothes Campaign, "Foul Play", accuses adidas and Nike, major sponsors of the 2018 World Cup, of paying poverty wages to the thousands of women in their supply chain that sew the football shirts and ...