Headquarters in Germany
Cambodia: Adidas, H&M, & others review their business & investment strategies and implications of EC's partial EBA withdrawal decision
Author: Shaun Turton, Nikkei Asian Review
"Fashion brands weigh Cambodia strategy after EU curbs trade", 14 February 2020...
Myanmar: Adidas secures back pay for dismissed union leaders, compensation for blacklisted union president & severance for workers after factory closes
Author: Worker Rights Consortium
"Challenging the Status Quo: Helping Workers Protect their Associational Rights in Myanmar", 15 January 2020...
Cambodia: 23 brands, brand associations and CSOs send a joint letter calling for the PM to address specific labour rights issues
Author: Fair Labor Association & Others
"Joint Letter on Labor Rights to Cambodian Prime Minister", 23 January 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after meeting on labour rights issues
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel Burton Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) KiK Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica New Balance Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Schoeffel Under Armour VF Corp
Adidas published a review of its Modern Slavery Risk Assessment, part of its Modern Slavery Outreach Program, with a focus on three priority topics: Responsible Recruitment, Forced and Child Labour Risks in Raw Material Sourcing and Regulatory Needs...
- Related stories: Adidas Modern Slavery Outreach Programme: Risk assessment, progress against goals, and way forward
- Related companies: adidas
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Patagonia PepsiCo PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
New company survey & report urges European companies & states to step up efforts to identify & address risks to defenders
Human rights and environmental defenders play a key role in holding companies and states accountable for business-related human rights violations and environmental degradation. However, defenders are increasingly defamed, harassed and killed for...
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"Compañías y Marcas: puntos de presión con compañías internacionales de confecciones", agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters C&A Carhartt Carter's Columbia Sportswear Disney (see Walt Disney) Fanatics Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gildan Activewear Guess Hanesbrands Inditex Jockey Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Kontoor Brands Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Sanmar Sears Soffe (part of Delta Apparel) Target Under Armour VF Corp Walmart
Adidas explains 'robot' manufacturing shift from Germany & United States to Asia as 'more economic & flexible'
Author: Reuters, New York Post
"American robots lose jobs to Asian robots as Adidas shifts manufacturing ", 11 November 2019...
Companies urged to uphold corporate responsibility when sourcing from Xinjiang and Uzbekistan, both with high risks of forced labour
Author: Catherine Putz, The Diplomat
“Cotton and Corporate Responsibility: Fighting Forced Labor in Xinjiang and Uzbekistan”, 14 Nov 2019...
CHRB claims Amazon, Costco & Starbucks amongst the worst at identifying and addressing human rights issues
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Starbucks, Amazon and Costco rapped for weak human rights disclosure", 14 November 2019...