Headquarters in Germany
Author: Minky Worden (HRW), Washington Post
- Related stories: Expanding 2022 World Cup to other Gulf countries carries human & labour rights risks, warn rights groups
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola Visa Group
'Menschenrechte: Modemarken appellieren an Regierung in Kambodscha', 7 May 2019...
Cambodia: 20 major brands sourcing from Cambodia send a joint letter to PM to express their concerns about labor and human rights
Author: Fair Labor Association
"20 companies sourcing from Cambodia express concerns about labor and human rights", 2 May 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after meeting on labour rights issues
- Related companies: adidas Callaway Golf Canadian Tire Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap HEMA KiK Levi Strauss Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike O'Neill Odlo International PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Under Armour Vaude VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion
Australia: Ethical Fashion Report grades 130 companies based on efforts to mitigate forced labour, child labour & exploitation in supply chains
Baptist World Aid Australia has released its 2019 Ethical Fashion Report, which sheds light on what the industry and individual companies are doing to address forced labour, child labour and exploitation....
"Cambodian unions call on brands to ACT", 9 April 2019...
Author: Chheng Niem, The Phnom Penh Post
"Adidas raises EBA concerns", 25 March 2019...
- Related stories: EU to launch withdrawal process of trade preferences in Cambodia over rights concerns & warns Myanmar of potential similar action
- Related companies: adidas
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Myanmar: European brands linked to garment factories accused of targeting union leaders & labour abuses
Author: Kyaw Lin Htoon, Nikolaj Houmann Mortensen & Phyo Thiha Cho, Frontier, Danwatch & Myanmar Now
"Garment factories supplying EU market accused of targeting union leaders", 7 M arch 2019...