Headquarters in Germany
Author: Palestinian Campaign for Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI), BDS
The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel welcomes the news that Adidas is no longer sponsoring the Israel Football Association (IFA). Last March, over 130 Palestinian football clubs called on the German sportswear...
- Related stories: Palestinian football clubs urge adidas to cut ties with the Israel Football Association over illegal settlement teams
- Related companies: adidas Puma
- Related stories: Adidas’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: adidas
Author: Petra Sorge, TAZ
„Die Zielvorgaben sind kaum zu schaffen“, sagt [...] ein Mitarbeiter der Adidas-Zulieferfabrik Bay Island in San Pedro Sula, Honduras... Adidas selbst erklärt, es unterhalte „keine direkte vertragliche Beziehung mit Bay Island“, sondern nur...
Nicaragua: Main multinationals call for govt. to respect rule of law and guarantee freedom of assembly & expression
Author: Maynor Salazar, Confidencial (Nicaragua)
"Nicaragua’s Free Trade Zone Multinationals Ask Ortega to End Repression", 1 Jul 2018...
Major World Cup sponsors, adidas & Nike, accused of paying "poverty wages" to women workers in their supply chains
A new report by Éthique sur l’étiquette and Clean Clothes Campaign, "Foul Play", accuses adidas and Nike, major sponsors of the 2018 World Cup, of paying poverty wages to the thousands of women in their supply chain that sew the football shirts and ...
Briefing reviews measures taken by sponsors of the Swedish Football Association to address human rights risks associated with 2018 FIFA World Cup
Swedwatch's latest briefing "The 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia: Sponsorship and human rights" focuses on the role of corporate sponsors in addressing human rights risks associated with major sporting events. It highlights measures taken by sponsors of...
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!