Aetna website: http://www.aetna.com
Author: Ashley M. Heher, Associated Press
Lawyers for slave descendants asked a federal appeals court Wednesday to revive a landmark reparations case that demands 17 of the nation's insurers and banks publicize and pay for their roles in the country's slave trade. The case...names...JP Morgan...
[PDF] full report: "Corporate Equality Index 2006: A Report Card on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America"
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
[Companies with perfect score: Adobe Systems, Aetna, Agere Systems, Agilent Technologies, Allianz, Alston & Bird, American Express, AMR (American Airlines), Anheuser-Busch, Apple, Arnold & Porter, AT&T, Avaya, Bain & Company, Bank of...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases Corporate Equality Index on company protection for gay, lesbian & transgender employees & consumers - record number of firms have perfect score - ExxonMobil, Meijer, Perot Systems score lowest
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agere Systems Agilent Technologies Allianz Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Apple Arnold & Porter AT&T Avaya Bain & Company Bank of America Bausch & Lomb BellSouth (now AT&T) Best Buy Boeing BP Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Capital One Cargill Carlson Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMP Media (part of United Business Media) CNA Coca-Cola Con Edison Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Eli Lilly Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Mills General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google Heller Ehrman Hewitt Associates Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM ING Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Liz Claiborne Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) McDermott Will & Emery McKinsey Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Molson Coors Morgan Stanley Morrison & Foerster Motorola Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nixon Peabody Nordstrom Northrop Grumman Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Powell Goldstein PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Publicis Raytheon Replacements Ltd. SC Johnson Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy Sprint Nextel Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data United Business Media US Airways Viacom Visa International Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Wells Fargo Whirlpool Xerox
Author: Evan Mills, Staff Scientist, US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; Eugene Lecomte, President Emeritus of Institute for Business & Home Safety; for Ceres
...while climate change poses potential threats, it also creates vast new business opportunities... [Insurers] have a huge opportunity today to develop creative loss-prevention solutions and products that will reduce climate-related losses for...
- Related stories: Ceres report says insurers developing new products to tackle climate change, but more firms should offer such products
- Related companies: ACE Group Aegon Aetna AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) AIG Aioi Insurance Allianz Allstate American Modern Insurance (part of Midland Company) American National Insurance Aon Aspen Insurance Aviva AXA Berkshire Hathaway Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Duke Energy Ergo (part of Munich Re) Fireman's Fund (part of Allianz) FM Global GEICO (part of Berkshire Hathaway) General Motors Gerling Group GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Groupama Hanover Insurance Harleysville Insurance Hartford Financial Services Hartford Steam Boiler (part of AIG) Insurance Australia Group KBC Legal & General Lloyd's of London Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) Metlife Midland Company Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Munich Re Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nedbank New York Life Norwich Union (part of Aviva) NSTAR Phoenix Companies Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Prudential plc Ras (part of Allianz) RNK Capital Safeco Solomon Associates (part of AIG) State Farm Insurance Storebrand Sumitomo Group Swiss Re Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Travelers UnumProvident USAA Wellpoint Zurich
[PDF] Black Enterprise Announces the 40 Best Companies for Diversity - Second Annual Diversity Report Reveals the Top Performers in Minority Supplier, Workforce Management, and Board Representation
Author: Black Enterprise
Among the top 40, Denny's Corp. was cited for making significant progress in all four key areas. Diversity leaders such as Eastman Kodak Co., PepsiCo, and Bank of America have excelled at seeking out and doing business with black suppliers. FedEx...
- Related companies: Aetna AFLAC American Airlines American Express Bank of America BellSouth (now AT&T) Citigroup Coca-Cola Comerica Con Edison DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Darden Restaurants Denny's Eastman Kodak Fannie Mae FedEx Ford General Electric General Motors IBM Kellogg's Marriott McDonald's Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) MGM Resorts Pepco PepsiCo PG&E Pitney Bowes Procter & Gamble Sprint Nextel Starwood Hotels Toyota UPS Verizon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walmart Xerox YUM!
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Buying Influence, Inc.
Linda Eakes, Buying Influence President and Executive Director [says] "Our organization’s primary focus is educating consumers about how large corporations value, empower and treat women and minorities within their corporate culture"... Buying...
- Related stories: USA: New NGO seeks to educate consumers on companies' pay equity & board representation for women & minorities - Aetna, Verizon, Wells Fargo receive high marks while Allstate, Procter & Gamble, SunTrust fail
- Related companies: Aetna Allstate Procter & Gamble SunTrust Banks Verizon Wells Fargo