Headquarters in USA
Author: France Inter
« Scandale écologique en Amazonie : un avocat équatorien face au géant Texaco/Chevron », 27 mars 2019...
Author: Léa Faure, IT Social (France)
« Google crée un comité consultatif externe pour surveiller l’usage de l’intelligence artificielle », 27 mars 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet)
Executives at Vodafone NZ, Spark & 2degrees call on CEOs of Facebook, Google & Twitter to take more responsibility over platform content
Author: CNN Business
"Read the letter New Zealand telecom executives sent to Facebook, Google & Twitter," 19 March 2019...
Please see here for a blog post we released last month detailing our work on misinformation across our platforms, along with a 30-page white paper on how Google fights disinformation.
- Related stories: Avaaz alleges Facebook’s response to disinformation in Europe poses a serious threat to democratic stability; includes co. response
- This is a response from the following companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Google and YouTube take issues of terrorist use of the internet very seriously. See here and here for posts that layout our overall approach to terrorist content. In addition, we are working in coalition with other companies through the Global Internet...
- Related stories: New Zealand: Business leaders & govt. call on Facebook to do more to rid platform of extremist content after live streaming terrorist attack in mosques
- This is a response from the following companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet)
Author: Grace Dobush, Fortune
New Zealand is exerting pressure on Facebook following the live-streaming of Friday’s deadly mosque shootings in Christchurch. “We cannot simply sit back and accept that these platforms just exist and what is said is not the responsibility of the place...
Researchers say social media platforms are not doing enough to address anti-Muslim hate speech; inc. comment by Facebook
Author: Jane Lytvynenko, BuzzFeed News
"Anti Muslim hate speech is absolutely relentless on social media even as platforms crack down on other extremist groups," 18 March 2019...
Author: Lincoln Ajoku, OpenGlobalRights
“How civil society can work to improve our technological future,” 13 March 2019...